E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

SPRINT BOOSTER considering for 2008 535i

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

I've been reading posts about this device and the majority of post are in favor of this device. I would purchase this device tonight if it's real. Anyone put one of these things in a '08 535i Sport Pkg car? I bought a "BMW PERFORMANCE" mag from the UK (I live in L.A.) and read an article about it as well.

Any further thoughts would be appreciated. It costs about $400 or so...so it's not a big bite.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='493492' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:18 PM
I've been reading posts about this device and the majority of post are in favor of this device. I would purchase this device tonight if it's real. Anyone put one of these things in a '08 535i Sport Pkg car? I bought a "BMW PERFORMANCE" mag from the UK (I live in L.A.) and read an article about it as well.

Any further thoughts would be appreciated. It costs about $400 or so...so it's not a big bite.
Thanks
read this http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=45480

you will find many good reviews of it but here's how I feel about it.

I've been keeping up with the whole sprint booster mod and wont be buying it ,Simply because it does not add any more performance to the car just basically does the same thing I can do with my leadfoot which is increase acceleration. Again I have never tried a SB but have read many of your descriptions and testimonials on how it works and therefore can draw this conclusion. I have noticed just like prev car Audi B6 that the e60's gas pedal has about 10% more that you can press down at the end , Im not sure is everyone has noticed that. When the pedal is pushed that last 10% down is when the car triggers into the lower gear and rpm's increase... I have no problem smashing the pedal to the metal when I want to get max acceleration or pass a car infront of me so that does it for me. I bellieve what the SB does is trick the car into thinking you are at the last 10% of pushing down the pedal so I dont think I can justify 250+ on something like that since my foot is always at that 80 to 90 to 100% throttle anyways. with that said if the SB did anything performance wise besides acceleration that I can control myself I would pull the trigger.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Contributors

The price should be around $300 and worth every penny.

The response when you press the pedal is immediate and just awesome in my case it made the car even more fun to drive, So I would suggest you get it trust me you won't regret it.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Auto, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, HUD

You know, I've wondering about the whole SprintBooster thing for a while now. Does anyone know what it *really* does?

I bellieve what the SB does is trick the car into thinking you are at the last 10% of pushing down the pedal...
The last 10% you discuss makes me think of the "button" you hit at the bottom of the pedal travel, the very button that causes the hard downshift in automatic cars. Maybe all the SB is doing is just making the computer think that button is activated all the time...

Hmmm... I might have to try this out - turn the button on, leave it on.

Interesting...
Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by schwim' post='493505' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:49 PM
You know, I've wondering about the whole SprintBooster thing for a while now. Does anyone know what it *really* does?

The last 10% you discuss makes me think of the "button" you hit at the bottom of the pedal travel, the very button that causes the hard downshift in automatic cars. Maybe all the SB is doing is just making the computer think that button is activated all the time...

Hmmm... I might have to try this out - turn the button on, leave it on.

Interesting...

yess my friend that's exactly what im describing when I say the last 10%... many cars have that button my audi did.. Im sure thats what the SB does is trick it. but thats all. my button is about to break from how much i press on it.. lol so thats why im holding back on it atleast for now.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

I was skeptical as well... Until I got it (I was one of the last in the NorCal CCH "krew" ), was nervous as hell in the begining due to the sensitiveness of the pedal. But let me tell ya, once you get familiar with quick throttle response you won't want to drive w/ out it!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='493492' date='Nov 13 2007, 10:18 AM

Thanks
wow you will be the 1st person to put a SB on a 535iTT cool
Must tell us how it feels when you do put it in.
$400 is a bit much itshould be about under $300
Old 11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by freed0m' post='493517' date='Nov 13 2007, 11:10 AM
I was skeptical as well... Until I got it (I was one of the last in the NorCal CCH "krew" ), was nervous as hell in the begining due to the sensitiveness of the pedal. But let me tell ya, once you get familiar with quick throttle response you won't want to drive w/ out it!
WORD+1
Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

2 words....GET IT! Unless you've remapped the ECU, you will notice a MAJOR difference in how the car pulls and the throttle response. It's a great mod. There's no need for the lead foot and even with the lead foot, the SB makes it even better. Don't think...just buy. You'll thank me/us later.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Thanks for the thoughts. 1 other important question - Where is the best place to get it? This guy on Ebay "partsexporter" has them for $280 + $20 for shipping. Has anyone bought from this seller? Thanks!

Quick Reply: SPRINT BOOSTER considering for 2008 535i