E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Springs...Shocks...Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Someone call my name???

Wheels are great, the springs are the best and I love how my car looks, drives and feels. And yes, the car can be a bit bouncy at times due to the pairing of these springs with the stock shocks. However, the overall look and feel of the car far outweighs that concern.

It's too bad I can't get a V10 in the engine bay though. Then it would be perfect. Now, that would be the "Ultimate AWD Driving Machine".

PS - H&R is the only company that makes springs for our car at this time. Go to Allsprings.com (a division of TurnerMotorSports). Make sure you order the set for the SEDAN and not the Wagon. Dinan does NOT make them and neither does Eibach. Don't order the wrong springs for the RWD car or you will be in for quite a surprise.

As for the Bilstein's, last time I checked it was a mistake. I called Bilstein direct, just to make sure and they told me they do NOT have a set for the E60 xi. They do have them for the 3 series XI (E46), but not the E60. If one of their vendors is out there saying they do, that might be a mistake. You may want to double check that.

If you know the offsets of the Hartge wheels you are looking into (staggered I assume, right?), let me know and I'll run the numbers on the wheel offset calculator on 1010tires.com.

Good luck!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like these guys have you covered on suspension. I would personally do the H&R Sports, we have had the most success with them and they offer a great improvement over stock without making the car unbearable for everyday use. We carry both the Eibachs and H&Rs but tend to do more of the H&R as they are a better compromise. Can't go wrong either way though!

Thought I would pass along a photo of a recent set of Hartge Classic II replicas we did for a customer. It's a great choice as well, really cleans up the car and gives it that sporty stance.