E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sport suspension on non Sport e60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Black.

Hey everyone I've been looking at some of the thread topics and can't seem to find any info on this. I have a Premium Package and want to lower it with Sport Suspension or Possibly M5 suspension, is there any difference anyway? Will this void any warranty whatsoever? I've talked to Trinity and lowering it will just void the warranty for the shocks, but what if I have BMW Sport or M5 Suspension will that be ok? Any info would be great planning to pick up some wheels soon, but don't wanna void with lowering on aftermarket shocks.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xdarkne55x' post='798622' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:47 PM
Hey everyone I've been looking at some of the thread topics and can't seem to find any info on this. I have a Premium Package and want to lower it with Sport Suspension or Possibly M5 suspension, is there any difference anyway? Will this void any warranty whatsoever? I've talked to Trinity and lowering it will just void the warranty for the shocks, but what if I have BMW Sport or M5 Suspension will that be ok? Any info would be great planning to pick up some wheels soon, but don't wanna void with lowering on aftermarket shocks.
I think that if they can prove the lowering caused a problem the warranty would be voided. If you want a sports suspension and are willling to spend a fair amount of money consider Dinan's suspension. There are also coil overs available.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

I'm thinking it all depends on the dealer.
Since you are putting an oem suspension components(non m parts) and if you get that installed at the dealer I don't see
how they can void the warranty on suspension. But I'm sure since M5 parts are not made for non e60, no matter what, the warranty would be void.

But going through that route will cost you a lot of $$$ especially labor charges. It's more wise to spend on aftermarket suspension.
Good luck.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 PM
ADD
Senior Members

I don't believe the M5 suspension would suit your taste.

As the M5 is a heavier vehicle, I believe that the M5 suspension would actually raise your ride height versus the Sport Suspension.

Always better to stick what is appropriate for each vehicle.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Contributors

I appreciate all the replies I'm likely going to get wheels first and see how it goes from there. I'm likely going to get eibachs prokit Doing this will only void my suspension warranty right?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Contributors

i did this to my 530d and wished i haddnt, the ride is not as nice as the SE , ie: how it was before, unless you cain it round bends, you dont need firm suspension in a medium limo car, only on a "sports" car. and the E60 is definatly not a sports car (not even in M5 guise)
Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

I have never seen a non M5 with an M5 suspension, M's are very different from the standard model they are based on.

I highly recommend Dinan parts, I had a Dinan suspension on my E46 M3, and it was great. The M3 rode better, handled better and was lowered just enough to keep it drivable over speed bumps etc. And Dinan parts installed by a Dinan dealer will not void your warranty. Some BMW dealer?s are also Dinan reps. So in that case you would have a BMW factory trained tech installing your suspension.

Check out the web site Visit My Website
Old 02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Contributors

What's the difference anyways in a Premium Package Suspension and a Sport Package suspension? Sorry tried doing a search, but seems to got nowhere.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='798920' date='Feb 23 2009, 04:34 AM
I have never seen a non M5 with an M5 suspension, M's are very different from the standard model they are based on.

I highly recommend Dinan parts, I had a Dinan suspension on my E46 M3, and it was great. The M3 rode better, handled better and was lowered just enough to keep it drivable over speed bumps etc. And Dinan parts installed by a Dinan dealer will not void your warranty. Some BMW dealer?s are also Dinan reps. So in that case you would have a BMW factory trained tech installing your suspension.

Check out the web site Visit My Website

we don't have dinan in HK, but i hear about them a lot on the forum
can you tell me more about them, are they manufactured by themselves or ?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

No matter what if you modify whatever you did on the car that is not the same as from factory, it will avoid the warrenty especially on suspension.

I believe m5 suspension doesnt fit on regular one and it is totally not worth getting oem sports suspension for alot of money and alot of money to put it in...

Just go for coilover or just lower it. no need for dinan parts... what kind of e60 do you have?
in US premium package is just leather seat and interior and it doesnt have anything to do with suspension. sports package includes interior and suspension + steering wheel and wheels.

I would suggest to either lower with springs or just do coilover

Quick Reply: Sport suspension on non Sport e60?