E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Spoiler Pick

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 E90 M3

any problems while closing the trunk? reason i ask it that the 5 series trunk pops up without force....so sometimes, you will need to apply force from the top of the trunk to close it
Will applying this same force on a spoiler will break it, or dismount it?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

i debadged my car too, and yes!it looks much cleaner and i love it
Old 11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' date='Nov 17 2004, 05:22 AM
What is the best way to debadge the car?? Do I need any solution or something to remove the glue or do I just pull the numbers/letter? Like I did with the rear fillers (Where the reflector go)?

spoiler looks good, I'll think about it next year

edit: I think I misinterpreted the term "debadge", what exactly do you mean by it? just take the license plate out?
[snapback]57070[/snapback]
Wiu-Bimmer,
The dealer is going to take the badge off my car today. I asked what they would do. He said they would use a hair-dryer to soften the mastic and then use something like dental closs to start the process then pull it off. I asked about the mastic he told me they would use something that has citrus in it. I would guess something like Goo Gone. I am worried a little about the freshness of the paint and the citrus. I guess it is still their problem since I have not taken the car yet.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Nov 17 2004, 12:35 AM
[quote name='Wiu-Bimmer' date='Nov 17 2004, 05:22 AM']What is the best way to debadge the car?? Do I need any solution or something to remove the glue or do I just pull the numbers/letter? Like I did with the rear fillers (Where the reflector go)?

edit: I think I misinterpreted the term "debadge", what exactly do you mean by it? just take the license plate out?
Wiu-Bimmer,
The dealer is going to take the badge off my car today. I asked what they would do. He said they would use a hair-dryer to soften the mastic and then use something like dental closs to start the process then pull it off. I asked about the mastic he told me they would use something that has citrus in it. I would guess something like Goo Gone. I am worried a little about the freshness of the paint and the citrus. I guess it is still their problem since I have not taken the car yet.
[snapback]57104[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks!!
What is your reason to do it? just a "shaved" back??
I'm thinking of doing it too, I'm just curious about your motivation to take those off.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

ZC ED545
I just noticed you have a 545i, would you not rather show that off to the untrained eye?
Old 11-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' date='Nov 17 2004, 07:46 AM
[quote name='gomac' date='Nov 17 2004, 12:35 AM'][quote name='Wiu-Bimmer' date='Nov 17 2004, 05:22 AM']What is the best way to debadge the car?? Do I need any solution or something to remove the glue or do I just pull the numbers/letter? Like I did with the rear fillers (Where the reflector go)?

Wiu-Bimmer,
[snapback]57104[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks!!
What is your reason to do it? just a "shaved" back??
I'm thinking of doing it too, I'm just curious about your motivation to take those off.
[snapback]57113[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wiu-Bimmer,
I like the cleaner look and when I wax/rejex I hate going around things like that. The cleaner the better for me. (IMHO)
Old 11-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alpineweiss' date='Nov 16 2004, 10:55 PM
any problems while closing the trunk? reason i ask it that the 5 series trunk pops up without force....so sometimes, you will need to apply force from the top of the trunk to close it
Will applying this same force on a spoiler will break it, or dismount it??
[snapback]57082[/snapback]
Personally, I try as much as possible not to touch the trunk when I close it to avoid handprints and fingerprints. I use the license plate frame as my handle. This would help avoid pushing down on the spoiler.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Contributors

ZC, nice spoiler btw. I still want to see one in persone before I decide to get one myself. Thanks for the pic.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Nov 16 2004, 11:52 PM
Personally, I try as much as possible not to touch the trunk when I close it to avoid handprints and fingerprints.? I use the license plate frame as my handle.? This would help avoid pushing down on the spoiler.
[snapback]57116[/snapback]
Here's a link to a license plate frame gizmo that would make closing the trunk a lot easier.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bokke' date='Nov 16 2004, 08:58 PM
Sorry, I don't like at all.? I think the current M3 and old E39 M5 "lip" is much nicer.? This OEM looks too much like an "add on."

just my 2 cents.... <_<
[snapback]57041[/snapback]

I agree... I think the odler lips looked much better. I put the ACS Shinitzer lip on my 545i... Even though I was hesitant at first. After I saw it in person, It looks great. Pictures dont do justice for the ACS lip spoiler, its much better in person.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Pick