E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Split Second Turbo Tuner 2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Alpine White BMW 535i xDrive

Anyone tuned their e60 with this mod - Split Second Turbo Tuner 2?
I have a 535 and I would love to get that extra horsepower to match 550i!

Quote:
Make your BMW instantly faster! 55hp and 60 ft-lbs torque gain!
The Turbo Tuner 2 is a more advanced version of the popular Turbo Tuner, a plug-and-play solution that significantly enhances power and acceleration. The Turbo Tuner 2 is not an ECU re-flash solution but an embedded, control solution that works seamlessly with your BMW's stock ECU to provide real performance gains while preserving the smooth and refined character. Typical gains of the Turbo Tuner 2 on 93 octane are 55 horsepower and 60 ft-lbs of torque. The design features a soft-limit circuit that avoids over-boost, protecting the engine from boost spikes and preserving drivability. There is also a temperature compensation protection circuit that lowers boost if temperatures under the hood climb too high. Like the original Turbo Tuner, the Turbo Tuner 2 can be installed or uninstalled in seconds and does not cause any trouble codes, but the Turbo Tuner 2 adds two unique features:

A user-accessible adjustment that allows you to fine-tune the additional boost.

A wire harness extension that allows the product to be installed in a location that is more easily accessed. The connectors have also been improved for additional strain relief, assuring trouble-free operation over many cycles of installation and removal.
Attached Thumbnails Split Second Turbo Tuner 2?-bmwtt2.jpg   Split Second Turbo Tuner 2?-135i_tt2s.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i M package black on black with black trim fully loaded K&N air filter matte black grills M5 spoiler dinan stage 2

I actually have the first turbo tuner and I only used it for a month and half
if your interested in buying it lemme know, you can email me at bardy44@hotmail.com
it does work, and it gives the car a stronger push, the reason im selling it is cuz i recently got the dinan stage 2 software
Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I have the jb+...similar to if not better than the SSTT II IMO...not to mention a bit cheaper

Since you have a newer 535i, your software will most likely have tuner/manipulation detection....so you will want to purchase a Bavarian Tool as well to delete codes that may void your warranty.

If you don't want to deal with the bavarian tool and don't mind going into your ecu, go with a jb3 or procede..the jb3 v1.3 (newest version) has been proven to not throw manipulation codes...

all have been discussed here, the upper right search bar will get you more info...

you can also research on e90posts.com or n54tech.com
Old 06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

GET IT!!! I wanna sit in ur car after tho.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Contributors

i have a 2009 535i with the turbo tuner 1

its insane..i take 335i's and 550i's but then again...RPI Scoop, BMC filter..

um, the stage 2 is not a STAGE 2 its version 2, it only boosts the hp if u put it on a different setting which works with 100 octane fuel..so yeah.. wouldn't waste the money

get the first one...or JB+

ive tried the K&N filter but that doesnt do as much as BMC does.. u can see the difference of the two filters too..

the turbotuner IS NOT like the JB's, theres no way for dealer to detect it once removed... and if ur worried..get the new JB3's or a BT

all can be purchased from www.burgertuning.com

have a good one :tup:
Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Originally Posted by HaroutK' post='915435' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:43 AM
i have a 2009 535i with the turbo tuner 1

its insane..i take 335i's and 550i's but then again...RPI Scoop, BMC filter..

um, the stage 2 is not a STAGE 2 its version 2, it only boosts the hp if u put it on a different setting which works with 100 octane fuel..so yeah.. wouldn't waste the money

get the first one...or JB+

ive tried the K&N filter but that doesnt do as much as BMC does.. u can see the difference of the two filters too..

the turbotuner IS NOT like the JB's, theres no way for dealer to detect it once removed... and if ur worried..get the new JB3's or a BT

all can be purchased from www.burgertuning.com

have a good one :tup:
Would this only work for the 535 because I have an 530 and I would like to juice up the HP since I have the 05 model which has like what 225HP any comments that can help me juice up my HP would b appreciated thanks...
Old 06-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by NC916' post='915523' date='Jun 18 2009, 03:25 AM
Would this only work for the 535 because I have an 530 and I would like to juice up the HP since I have the 05 model which has like what 225HP any comments that can help me juice up my HP would b appreciated thanks...
only works for the _35i engine/N54 engine, as these are TT engines. These tunes manipulate boost pressures, fuel and timing ratios to increase performance.....

for your 530, you would have to look into an ecu remap/flash to increase engine performance, along with other bolt-on mods...
Old 06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by NC916' post='915523' date='Jun 18 2009, 05:25 AM
Are you joking? If your being serious I'm just shocked.
Apparently you have no Idea whats under your hood . Your Car is NA , or Naturally Aspirated not FI or Forced Induction.

Your car has no boost to manipulate to get more hp. All you can do is work with Fuel air mix, and timing curves.

Just WOW!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Contributors

No worries my man, don't get all worked up because someone is still figuring out whats under his hood, this is how you learn

Your car is Naturally Aspirated which means- there is nothing boosting fuel or "charging", basically whatever happens happens, all power

this "tuner" chip, just messes with timing, boost PSI's and stuff like that that I really don't even know yet! so don't get all worked up, its a love/hate thing
Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Originally Posted by bigbadbull' post='915797' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:06 AM
Are you joking? If your being serious I'm just shocked.
Apparently you have no Idea whats under your hood . Your Car is NA , or Naturally Aspirated not FI or Forced Induction.

Your car has no boost to manipulate to get more hp. All you can do is work with Fuel air mix, and timing curves.

Just WOW!
yeah man.. thanks for the info.. I'm still such a newb I didn't know what NA or FI meant.. but it came across like you were scolding the guy instead of educating him..

Quick Reply: Split Second Turbo Tuner 2?