E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

spacers for 172's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmellion
sounds great! Thanks! Can't wait

sp guys! did u install it?

i measured mine and i do not see any free space for spacers.
I have 550i 2008, with rims 172 and sport suspension
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Let me say it again....15mm is best in back and 5mm will work best up front (not necessary IMHO).

I have 12mm in back, and it's not pushed out far enough...trust me, people!!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Update for my spacer journey: didn't receive them yet. got the bolts last week (ordered from Nerweezy Saturday Jan 30) but haven't received the spacers yet. I didn't expect them yet either, Nerweezy told me two weeks. As soon as I get them and install them, I'll post the pics.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

10-12mm spacer for that "flush" look
Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

OK, so they came in. In my haste to get them on, I didn't get any pictures of the spacers themself, nor the prep I went through. For background, I installed the H&R spacers, 5mm front and 15mm rear on stock 172's on my 2008 550i M-sport edition.

I did take all the wheels off and polish the hubs then applied a little bearing grease to the flat surface of the hubs and anti-seize to the backs of the spacers before putting them on. I used new bolts which came with the spacers when I put the wheels back on with spacers.

I'll try my best to show before and after pics.

Excuse the dirty car and the messy garage - its been sitting in there for a few months, was nice and clean under a cover but took that off to do this work and the dust has settled. The garage needs a spring cleaning, but it ain't spring yet, so whatever.

The spacer box
spacers for 172's-img_1517.jpg

Right front before
spacers for 172's-left-front-before.jpg

Right front after
spacers for 172's-left-front-after.jpg

Right rear before
spacers for 172's-left-rear-before.jpg

Right rear after
spacers for 172's-left-side-after.jpg

Right rear before
spacers for 172's-left-rear-before-2.jpg

Right rear after
spacers for 172's-left-rear-after.jpg

more coming......
Old 02-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Contributors

some more of the other side.....

Left rear before
spacers for 172's-right-rear-before-4.jpg

Left rear after (and my dog who just HAD to be with me in the garage)
spacers for 172's-right-rear-after-3.jpg

Left rear before
spacers for 172's-right-rear-before-2.jpg

Left rear after
spacers for 172's-right-rear-after.jpg

Left rear after
spacers for 172's-right-side-after-2-.jpg

Left side after
spacers for 172's-right-side-rear-after-2.jpg
spacers for 172's-right-side-after.jpg
Old 02-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Contributors

So there you have it. Not the best pics, but I can't pull my car out of the garage into the light to get good pictures.

I definitely love the spacers! I think I could have gone all the way up to 18mm or even 20mm in the rear without a problem and still just being inside the flare of the wheel well.

I couldn't get good pictures of the new stance from the rear as it's too light outside and dark inside the garage for the camera to work right, but I can tell you it looks SOOOO much sportier and aggressive.

I look forward to seeing your 12mm rear pictures posted up soon. I don't think we will be able to tell much of a difference via pictures on here when you do post them, but we'll see. I know you won't have any issues with them, and will probably wished you had gone at least 15 yourself.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Nice Dog!! Also, Nice Ammo Can - lol
I remember my time growing up in Pittsburgh seeing those inspection stickers in the window. Glad they don't do that down in Florida.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
Nice Dog!! Also, Nice Ammo Can - lol
I remember my time growing up in Pittsburgh seeing those inspection stickers in the window. Glad they don't do that down in Florida.
Thanks. When I first read your reply I was thinking it terms of Randy from American Idol, like "Nice dog" meaning looks good man, then I saw the ammo can comment and remembered that everyone always picks up on the background stuff so I scrolled up to see which one (I have many of them) made it into the pic and I saw my DOG!

Can you tell a difference in the pics before and after? I can, but then again I took them and studied the car before and after.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Yeah, my VMR's actually pushed the wheel out more, but I'm thinking about getting some spacers too. Just don't know what works well with my setup. Maybe 12mm?

Quick Reply: spacers for 172's