E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Something to cover Keyhole

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to use the keyhole, but if it was necessary too, the peice is just attached to the license plate holes, so you could remove it temporarily if you were going to get to it.

I am willing to do this.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Contributors

I tried to order the M5 trunk piece about a month and a half ago. My parts advisor called BMW NA's parts dept. where they can check stock of any part number in Germany and they said there were none in stock for parts distribution yet, not even in Germany. He is going to check every few weeks and see when (and if) it becomes available for ordering.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Mar 29 2005, 05:36 PM
I tried to order the M5 trunk piece about a month and a half ago.? My parts advisor called BMW NA's parts dept. where they can check stock of any part number in Germany and they said there were none in stock for parts distribution yet, not even in Germany.? He is going to check every few weeks and see when (and if) it becomes available for ordering.
[snapback]108464[/snapback]
hey when you find out can you let me know? I want one too... I'm in LA so maybe we can order 2... or if anyone else wants to also. I'm not sure how willing my dealer is to help me order M5 parts and since you sound like you have a good relationship.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 29 2005, 09:28 PM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Mar 29 2005, 05:36 PM']I tried to order the M5 trunk piece about a month and a half ago.? My parts advisor called BMW NA's parts dept. where they can check stock of any part number in Germany and they said there were none in stock for parts distribution yet, not even in Germany.? He is going to check every few weeks and see when (and if) it becomes available for ordering.
[snapback]108464[/snapback]
hey when you find out can you let me know? I want one too... I'm in LA so maybe we can order 2... or if anyone else wants to also. I'm not sure how willing my dealer is to help me order M5 parts and since you sound like you have a good relationship.
[snapback]108495[/snapback]
[/quote]

I will call him this week to see if there are any updates. Another thing to consider is that as Mark has posted the license plate area on the US version is a different size in order to accomodate the US plates. When and if I order mine it will be the Euro version because knowing the height of the German and US license plates, and the ratio of the height of the German plate vs the height of the license plate area of the M5 trunk piece (from pictures), I think the US plate would be able to just squeeze in there. I just don't like the square-ish hole of the US version vs. the more rectangular one of the European one. I did not like it on my E39 either, but there was nothing I could do about it as it was part of the metal trunk (not a separate piece).
Old 04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Can you let me know if there are really 2 versions? I would like the US version.
But I thought someone said its the same Euro and US its just piece #17 that holds the plate on. I think we already have that currently on our E60s, no?
Keep us posted...
Old 04-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Apr 4 2005, 06:25 PM
Can you let me know if there are really 2 versions? I would like the US version.
But I thought someone said its the same Euro and US its just piece #17 that holds the plate on. I think we already have that currently on our E60s, no?
Keep us posted...
[snapback]111129[/snapback]

#17 is the bracket that holds the US plate and it should be the same one that came on our cars. That seems to indicate that the US plate will fit on the Euro plastic piece, you would just use the bracket (#17) to attach it. But I guess they may have decided later that the US version should have a narrower area for plate. From the photos you can see that the actual plastic piece is different. The deeper section where the license plate attaches to is wider (more rectangular) in the Euro version, but the US version is about the same size and shape as the US plate. At the present time there is no picture or part number for the US version on the Parts CD, so even if you select "USA" as the country selection you will only see a picture and part number of the European version (ECE). However, from the photos it looks like a US version of the part exists and should be listed on the parts CD in the future.......we'll see. Here are the pictures that Mark posted a few days ago:

Old 04-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Contributors

Ah IC! so as for now it seems like those part numbers are only for the Euro Version huh?

Edit: Ah I see this thread now. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=9113
Old 04-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

I received an email today from my suplier. He told me that he can get me the Euro Version.

It will take about 10-12 days to get it painted.

I will pay $375.00.

We will see.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 9/04 BMW E46 / 3

I saw it today on a M5 and it looked great. But > 200 Euro is a little hard for the moment.
M5 Front-Grill was also hot (same as 545) 65 Euros each...

Have to bite at an accident-bill for this month...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Just ordered my Euro plate size piece.

Should be shipped in 10-12 days. It was $375 painted.

Quick Reply: Something to cover Keyhole