E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Someone is joining the Ultra Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

It doesn't look like it will fit a 535. Looks like the bar is flat and straight and the airbox is in the way. Anyone know different?

edit: just looked at their product list and they call it an E60 530 bar. Didn't see a 535
Old 06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by pinguhk
did not know cosco made bars for our BMW.
I have cosco on my Honda stepwgn and they are good but cost 2 times the price compare to UR bars.
in the end they are both metal bars and why pay more if they do the same thing in the end.
Get the UR 1 you will love it.
the cusco bar is 240 from modbargains. so its twice the price of the UR bar but i prefer the design better. i also like how to cusco bar isnt a single hollow bar. if i remember correctly it was 2 smaller hollow bars placed side by side with a aluminum jacket around it the cusco bar should be just a little bit heavier cuz its technically a 3 in 1 bar.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by pjinca
Initial impressions are friggin fantastic!!!!! After I installed my coilovers I started to hear creaking from the windshield over bumps and dips as the chassis flexed more due to the stiffer suspension. That creaking is gone!!! The front of the car feels more planted. I really have to look into the rest of the UR bars and some sway bars and the car would probably handle perfectly.

Looks? Don't care, it's under the hood, if it ever bothers me I'll remove it, sand it, and paint it a satin black.

Engine work? I can still do oil changes and spark plug changes without removing it (I checked), if the car needs more serious work than that the difficulty of removing it would not be my biggest concern.
Glad you like it
I always say no point in have alll the power and the chassis is like jelly.
get the rest you will love it.
for any car I buy this is the 2nd mod.
I like you guess the 1st mod must have.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jasperxli
the cusco bar is 240 from modbargains. so its twice the price of the UR bar but i prefer the design better. i also like how to cusco bar isnt a single hollow bar. if i remember correctly it was 2 smaller hollow bars placed side by side with a aluminum jacket around it the cusco bar should be just a little bit heavier cuz its technically a 3 in 1 bar.
if 3 in 1, I think it will not be as strong as UR 1.
but need to test to see.
cusco cost more because it Japanese and the yen is way high
Old 06-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Update: After one days driving I am very pleased. The front of the car feels waaaaaay more planted, the understeer is still there but greatly reduced (which means it's time for a rear sway bar). The creaking I had in the windshield is gone. Me likey, me likey very much
Old 06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Update: After one days driving I am very pleased. The front of the car feels waaaaaay more planted, the understeer is still there but greatly reduced (which means it's time for a rear sway bar). The creaking I had in the windshield is gone. Me likey, me likey very much
Great to hear bro. They make some good quality items. Aesthetically, they need help but they do what they advertise!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by tonymac
Great to hear bro. They make some good quality items. Aesthetically, they need help but they do what they advertise!

Agreed, but this is one of those mods where function is way more important than form anyway. I'm glad I did it. Only thing is now the rest of the bars are on the mod list
Old 06-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Agreed, but this is one of those mods where function is way more important than form anyway. I'm glad I did it. Only thing is now the rest of the bars are on the mod list
get the rest asap and off the mod list
Old 06-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I might have to get that one now...
Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Initial impressions are friggin fantastic!!!!! After I installed my coilovers I started to hear creaking from the windshield over bumps and dips as the chassis flexed more due to the stiffer suspension. That creaking is gone!!! The front of the car feels more planted. I really have to look into the rest of the UR bars and some sway bars and the car would probably handle perfectly.

Looks? Don't care, it's under the hood, if it ever bothers me I'll remove it, sand it, and paint it a satin black.

Engine work? I can still do oil changes and spark plug changes without removing it (I checked), if the car needs more serious work than that the difficulty of removing it would not be my biggest concern.
I am very glad for you man! This is exactly the same experience that I had with mine. I'm just not sure about the understeering part, but I also don't have coilovers...

This proves just once again that all the people that say "the E60 is soo solid, it needs no strut brace" or "the E60 has strut brace from factory, buying another one is pointless and stupid" are just talking f****ng BS!!

And +1 to Pingu on the "chassis like jelly" comment.

Don't take it personally with the look and stuff - I was just thinking and comparing loudly. To me the function is also the key thing about a brace.

Quick Reply: Someone is joining the Ultra Racing Club