E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

solution for integrating aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Hey guys,

I been searching around and found this product, the mObridge is a digital converter that takes the audio signal right from the HU and converts it then hooks up directly to the audison bit one unit for eq and other stuff, and from the bit one you connect to some amps and then to your speakers. Supposedly the mObridge will allow you to still use all the functions of the oem HU and it will take those commands and make the changes using the bit one unit. This seems the best oem integration I've seen so far and I was wondering if anyone here has this or has more info about it.

http://www.audison.eu/index_main.php?Section=BITONEPROD
http://www.mobridgeinc.com/products/preamp_DA1000
Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by cleung' post='1054227' date='Nov 13 2009, 02:52 PM
Hey guys,

I been searching around and found this product, the mObridge is a digital converter that takes the audio signal right from the HU and converts it then hooks up directly to the audison bit one unit for eq and other stuff, and from the bit one you connect to some amps and then to your speakers. Supposedly the mObridge will allow you to still use all the functions of the oem HU and it will take those commands and make the changes using the bit one unit. This seems the best oem integration I've seen so far and I was wondering if anyone here has this or has more info about it.

http://www.audison.eu/index_main.php?Section=BITONEPROD
http://www.mobridgeinc.com/products/preamp_DA1000

That piece started out as "vapor ware ". In my industry we have been waiting for that mObridge piece to be released for years now. So far the Porsche version was released. The BMW version and Audi version were not available yet last time I checked.

In the meantime another company has all ready come out with what seems to be a higher end all in one piece called the AGW+ by Motus Labs. Their piece hit the market last month. They have a BMW version available, it's not cheap though, its about 2G. The specs on the mObridge piece are not on their website but the Motus Lab piece is claiming 8 channels, 4.2 volts at 119 db signal to noise ratio.

The Audison Bit one is a good sounding piece, even with analog high level input. I would love to try it with the mObridge PA1000 when available.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Does the MOST bus carry the audio output signal from the HU unit even if you don't have Logic 7?
Old 11-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 525D 2008 m-sport

I hope I'm wrong but i think you have to get det HU codec for Logic7 before it carry out the audiosignal on the MOST bus.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1055079' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:14 AM
Does the MOST bus carry the audio output signal from the HU unit even if you don't have Logic 7?
Old 11-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have the BitOne in my car and it is awesome. But I just had it hooked up to the Logic7 amp with high-level (speaker) inputs. And then I have my iPod connected to the BitOne directly via an AV cable which plugs into the dock connector.

I am having some major problems with my car, however. After taking the car back from my audio shop I had a "Active Steering Malfunction" warning from my iDrive. I took the car to BMW and they say there is a hardware fault in my Active Steering Control Module, and it must be replaced. The replacement job + labor will cost $1700. I am hopeful that this failure was not the result of the system. The control module part is on order and I should be able to get it installed next week. Then we'll hook the stereo back up and hopefully all will be well.

But, as for the BitOne, it is a great piece of gear. I just hope you don't run into any problems like I have.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by haugejan' post='1055096' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:52 AM
I hope I'm wrong but i think you have to get det HU codec for Logic7 before it carry out the audiosignal on the MOST bus.
Thats what I thought. But looking at the varios MOST interfaces I see no mention about the fact that it works only with BMW who have Logic 7. I know that the L7 amp works off the MOST but could it be that the MOST is also normally carrying the audio signal just that there is no device that reads the audio data if you dont have the L7. The programming on the HU must be only to give you the L7 options on the screen.

Hopefully someone will chime in confirming this. Because if the Mobridge and others are able to pick up an audio signal even without getting the car programmed for L7 then this could be the beginning of excellent sounding car systems. You could run a DSP off the mobridge and then you can have after market L7 or better.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1055156' date='Nov 15 2009, 06:24 AM
Thats what I thought. But looking at the varios MOST interfaces I see no mention about the fact that it works only with BMW who have Logic 7. I know that the L7 amp works off the MOST but could it be that the MOST is also normally carrying the audio signal just that there is no device that reads the audio data if you dont have the L7. The programming on the HU must be only to give you the L7 options on the screen.

Hopefully someone will chime in confirming this. Because if the Mobridge and others are able to pick up an audio signal even without getting the car programmed for L7 then this could be the beginning of excellent sounding car systems. You could run a DSP off the mobridge and then you can have after market L7 or better.

I can not confirm that the most network has audio from the "head unit" on non L7 cars. I can tell you that I have tested the CCC on L7 cars and can confirm that the speaker terminals ( which are an empty slot on the L7 harness ) are not live. I was testing it to see if it was possible to grab a full range front and rear signal from behind the CCC rather than grabbing the signal after the L7 amp. I even went into the CIP section of the programmer to see about re-coding the car to HI-Fi specs to turn on those leads but it required some hardware change and software programming. The main module that had to change was the m-ask BO or something like that. So If you need software and hardware to go from L7 top hifi to basic hifi you might also need hardware to go from hifi to Top HiFi. Lets all hope the most network carries the audio signal regardless of L7 specification.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by methodsound' post='1055246' date='Nov 15 2009, 02:27 PM
I can not confirm that the most network has audio from the "head unit" on non L7 cars. I can tell you that I have tested the CCC on L7 cars and can confirm that the speaker terminals ( which are an empty slot on the L7 harness ) are not live. I was testing it to see if it was possible to grab a full range front and rear signal from behind the CCC rather than grabbing the signal after the L7 amp. I even went into the CIP section of the programmer to see about re-coding the car to HI-Fi specs to turn on those leads but it required some hardware change and software programming. The main module that had to change was the m-ask BO or something like that. So If you need software and hardware to go from L7 top hifi to basic hifi you might also need hardware to go from hifi to Top HiFi. Lets all hope the most network carries the audio signal regardless of L7 specification.
Hi Guys, full audio (i mean music+phone+navigation+chimes+PDC) are only present inside with L7 option coded.

about the AGW+ I found some interesting links:

http://www.motuslab.com/en/productsaservic...diogateway.html
http://www.youtube.com/MotusLab
Old 11-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Members

There is a guy doing quite a nice build on an 06 M5 which is posted on the DIYmobileaudio forum. Part of the system was supposed to be the Mobridge along with the Audison bit one. He was told that there will be yet another delay with the Mobridge piece because "Mobridge just got a contract to build some oem stuff for Volkswaggen." this quote appears on the middle of the last page. Here is the link, it is a real nice build thread too:

06 M5 build

I am deciding on my sound processor right now. I just sold my Rockford Fosgate 360.2 sound processor and am going to upgrade to the Audison bit one or the Motus Lab AGW+.
Attached Thumbnails solution for integrating aftermarket stereo-sound_processor_missing.jpg  
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Contributors

Hello Mr. Bruce,

Yes for making the AGWPlus working you need the LOGIC7 option coded, the normal HI-FI it's not enough for to have the audio signal and amplifier commands inside the optical fiber cables.

The LOGIC7 option can be coded by BMW services.

Feel free to contact us for any other requersts

Best Regards

Motus Lab srl
Piazza Giardino, 1
61030 SALTARA (PU)
Tel./fax +39 0721 716838
www.motuslab.com

Quick Reply: solution for integrating aftermarket stereo