E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

snap in adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the latest snap-in adapters available for the bluetooth mobiles (gsm) ?
Old 01-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Contributors

I think is the adapter for Siemens S65.
code:84210392326

snap in adapter-dscn2782web.jpg
Old 01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Doesn't the snap in adapter defeat the purpose of the BT phone. The best part of it for me is not having to deal with the phone when I get in the car. It just stays in my pocket.

I drove Los Angeles to San Jose and back over New Years. On both drives the phone was paired throughout, we spoke for about 45 elapsed minutes on the drive up and the another 45 minutes on the drive down on several calls. The GSM V3 was still on 3 bars of battery when we reached our destination.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Contributors

Are there any snap-in adapters for Motorola flip phones? Especially the V600?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Contributors

I prefer to have the handy inserted in the cradlefor 3 reasons:
1)battery is supplied all the time,
2)better tx/rx thanks to the shark antenna,
3) electromagnetic waves stay outside the car when tx/rx ( thanks again to the exernal antenna) and don't pollute the inside of the car.
Snap-in adapter for V600: code 84 21 0 307 726.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Where do those adapters come from? BMW? My dealer knows (again) nothing about them?

Jochen
Old 01-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Contributors

I bought mine from BMw dealer.
They have all on ETK.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Members

Are these adapters an easy install? worht the $$?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Members

Hello skorpyo25,

I have a good e60 story for you. Related to Verona. I was driving an E60 530D rented from Sixt. Last year in January, I was driving from Munich to Bologna on a Sunday morning. I got a late start due to too many beers the night before. Had a blizzard coming over the Brenner pass. Took 6 hours from Munich to Trentino. Finally to Verona and clear skys and dry roads. I was happy, only 1 hour to Bologna! Wrong... busted right after Verona by the nice guys in a blue A-4 wagon with radar!!!! Busted at 193!! Better than the 235 that I was driving a few minutes earlier with the group of other cars driving from Germany.

I pull over and they are started speaking German to me, as the car has German plates. I hold up the USA Passport and say SORRY!!!!

1 hour was spent as they nicely explained the offence, and drove me to the next exit (Nogarole Rocca) to get to the ATM (Bank Automat) to get the 375 Euros for the fine. They take my driving liscense from me and give me a temporary 12 hour permit so that I can drive the car back Germany. That was actually pretty cool; no way that would happen at home in the USA. I would have been in the slammer and the car in an impound lot. They told me not to worry, that this was not a big deal, if I had been going 195 instead of 193, then it would have been a big deal; jail!

So, all was well, drove back to Munich airport to turn in car (no permit), (6 hours more in snow) got to Pauliner house in Marienpltaz Munich in time for dinner and beer. Oh well, missed my appointments in Italy on Monday and Tuesday. They all excused me and rescheduled for 30 days later when I could drive again in Italy. Not so bad. I wish that they would treat us as nice in the USA and not preach to us about speeding like I was cheating on my wife or commiting a Sin!!!! It was great in Italy, just pay the fine and No Hard Feelings. Nice.

BTW, my wife and I like to stay in Verona every now and then; we stay at Colombo de Oro Hotel. Nice city! We go to the fancy bar that is on the main street that leads into the old walled city on the main boulevard right before town; that place where the ladies that work there wear the green and white uniforms. The owner looks like he is German, works there in the morning and comes up at night for a drink.

I have a favor to ask. If I send you cash EUROS, could you please buy the snap in adapter for the E60 545 for the 6310i phone and send it to me by mail or DHL? They will not sell this to us in the USA. I wil send you extra for shipping and a few rounds of Negroni at one of your fabulous bars if you help me out. I will pay all in adavance with cash and you need to do nothing until you have the money by mail, no hurry.

Any chance that you could please do this for me? If not, no problem. BTW, can I call you if I get pulled over again near Verona? Just kidding!

If you are in Detroit and get pulled over or run out of ammo (just kidding), please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
-Doug
Old 01-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i titanium silver, sport package, premium package.

with the bluetooth activated with my dealer, I noticed that under communications tab there is a phone tab and it says to activate phone. Is this referring to the snap in? I then went and checked out the communications tab and bluetooth was there. Should the phone tab and bluetooth tab both be there or should only one tab be there, the phone tab if you have a snap in versus the bluetooth tab if you are using a blue tooth phone?

Quick Reply: snap in adapter