E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sirius/NAV install success

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Okay, just hung up with NA. Same story as the last few times I called. Sirius is not available on MY04 cars with Nav at this time. A retrofit is being worked on but not guaranteed. The only E60's that can get both installed are MY05 cars produced on (or after?) 9/04 that have sat prep.

I was told (for the second time) not to expect anything new until after winter even though there is no official documentation that mentions this timeframe. I asked where he got this additional information and he said he got it through conversations with engineers.

It just dawned on me that today's guy might have been the same guy who told me to wait until Spring when I called a few months ago. Can't say for sure so either way, I think we should bug them and make sure they know we're becoming a little annoyed at the speed that things are moving...
Old 12-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 11 2004, 01:08 PM
Okay, just hung up with NA.? Same story as the last few times I called.? Sirius is not available on MY04 cars with Nav at this time.? A retrofit is being worked on but not guaranteed.? The only E60's that can get both installed are MY05 cars produced on (or after?) 9/04 that have sat prep.

[snapback]67880[/snapback]
Truely unbelievable. I spoke with BNWNA three times, just two days ago. I'm an idiot because I didn't write down anyone's name. But all three told me that an MY04 retro-kit was available - the only confusion was whether it could be installed without the pre-wiring option. The last guy even called me back with confirming information because I was given conflicting answers on the first two calls.

:bashwall: :bashwall: :bashwall:
Old 12-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

How about calling again since you've had better success than me?

This time, don't worry so much about the guy's name, instead, be sure to get the specific bulletin identification or memo details so we can refer to things accurately when we ask dealers, etc.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 11 2004, 04:10 PM
How about calling again since you've had better success than me?

This time, don't worry so much about the guy's name, instead, be sure to get the specific bulletin identification or memo details so we can refer to things accurately when we ask dealers, etc.
[snapback]67970[/snapback]
I'll do it on Monday.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Dec 11 2004, 03:24 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Dec 11 2004, 01:08 PM']Okay, just hung up with NA.? Same story as the last few times I called.? Sirius is not available on MY04 cars with Nav at this time.? A retrofit is being worked on but not guaranteed.? The only E60's that can get both installed are MY05 cars produced on (or after?) 9/04 that have sat prep.

[snapback]67880[/snapback]
Truely unbelievable. I spoke with BNWNA three times, just two days ago. I'm an idiot because I didn't write down anyone's name. But all three told me that an MY04 retro-kit was available - the only confusion was whether it could be installed without the pre-wiring option. The last guy even called me back with confirming information because I was given conflicting answers on the first two calls.

:bashwall: :bashwall: :bashwall:
[snapback]67919[/snapback]
[/quote]

BMWNA told me I could get Sirius in my '04 530 too, although they didn't say it was because of a fix, they just acted as if it were always available. I expressed my surprise but the BMWNA guy I talked to was oblivious and blew off my concerns about the incompatibility problem, so did the service manager at the dealer. Based on what he told me I took time off of work last week and drove about 160 miles to drop off/pick up the car. Of course when it was time to actually perform the install the dealer said they couldn't do it because of Nav.

I hope you are right but the moral of the story is don't get your hopes up. I don't think they know what they are talking about.

Here a link to the thread I started about the debacle: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl=

Nick
Old 12-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Dec 11 2004, 06:40 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Dec 11 2004, 04:10 PM']How about calling again since you've had better success than me?

[snapback]67970[/snapback]
I'll do it on Monday.
[snapback]68052[/snapback]
[/quote]
hinckley, how'd the phone call go?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Update on my Sirius/NAV situation. I posted a couple of weeks ago about my bad experience here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl=

My 530 is a March '04 build.

Well BMWUSA has now said that there was a "miscommunication" between them and the dealer. They still maintain that I can get Sirius. I am making an appointment soon and I will post updates.

--keeping my fingers crossed--

By the way, they apologized for the problems and told me to pick out $200.00 worth of BMW Lifestyle gear (logo clothing and such) from the BMWUSA website. I guess I'm going shopping tonight.

Nick
Old 12-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Members

I called two days ago and spoke with Deedee. She indicated Springtime. Nick, let us know how it goes.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

nickferr and doctorj,

Is there any further news on Sirius compatibility with NAV for retrofit yet? Mine was one that was required to be built after march announcement of conflict with either prep or sirius (and NAV) so I have no prep for sat in my car.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Springtime seems to be the next target date even though they aren't guaranteeing anything...

Quick Reply: Sirius/NAV install success