E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sent my Quad tips off to Powder Coat @ Elite Coating

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
I just dropped off my quad tips at Elite Coating in Plainview long island. I cant wait to get them back. here are the tips chrome. I am having them done all flat black and the inside lip alpine white to match my car, its gonna look sick, shud have pics tomorrow when I pick them up.
Attached Thumbnails Sent my Quad tips off to Powder Coat @ Elite Coating-2tips3.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue / beige Dakota leather , sport package , premium package ,cold weather package , nav , iPod connectivity

what kind of quad setup do u have. i have a 535xi and i was wondering what is the cost ad what is the performance numbers?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Sounds weird... Post pics!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Sure does sound weird, but at the same time, awesome! It'll be a b*tch to keep the inside of the pipes clean though man!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Contributors

well only the lip will be white but the rest of the inside will be black, I'll def post pics once I have them picked up tomorrow
Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Ah ok! Not quite so much effort then! Look forward to seeing them bro
Old 05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

waiting for freshly installed shots
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Mee too, I won't have them til friday or Saturday, but will post pics asap
Old 05-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by white535xi
Hey guys,
I just dropped off my quad tips at Elite Coating in Plainview long island. I cant wait to get them back. here are the tips chrome. I am having them done all flat black and the inside lip alpine white to match my car, its gonna look sick, shud have pics tomorrow when I pick them up.
I wonder if this is the place that powdercoated my RPI tips as well.. Although mine looked awesome when it was first done, now it looks like shit and its only been the winter and fall. Its chipped, cracked and the chrome is showing underneath. He was receommnded by Calton, but i dont remember the neighborhood. Maybe ill have it re-done after it comes off my car. I dont know yet..
Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by melimel
I wonder if this is the place that powdercoated my RPI tips as well.. Although mine looked awesome when it was first done, now it looks like shit and its only been the winter and fall. Its chipped, cracked and the chrome is showing underneath. He was receommnded by Calton, but i dont remember the neighborhood. Maybe ill have it re-done after it comes off my car. I dont know yet..
Elite actually informed me that exhaust components, even exhaust tips cannot be powdercoated successfully. They will get damaged over time from the intense heat.

Elite said they need to be Ceramic coated, which is a completely different process. Basically Ceramic coating is for headers/exhaust/engine parts. I believe that Elite will be Ceramic coating the OP's exhaust tips.

Quick Reply: Sent my Quad tips off to Powder Coat @ Elite Coating