E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seen Your Car in Motion Lately

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.
Default Seen Your Car in Motion Lately

Most of you probably modded your car's exterior, but I bet most of you have never seen your ride roll down the street. That's because you've always been the driver and have not seen your ride from the outside pedestrian or other car perspective - in motion.

Do yourself a favor and let someone drive your ride. Most likely, you will either appreciate your car more (hope so) and not less with the mods in motion. More than likely, you will be very please and surprise that a modded car in motion compared to a sitting one is very contrasting. It goes the same if you have modded your exhaust.

I'm preparing to move up to a 7 series, but my experience above leaves me quite hesitant.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

yup, was at the car wash and they were moving my car...fell in love with my exhaust all over again...

valet'd my car a few weeks back (yes I let attendants park my car once and awhile )...my wife and I both commented on good she looked coming up...
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who admires the way his car looks while someone else drives it. I originally thought it was just me.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

That is a very good point!
I rarely see my car in motion from outside. I admire all the M5's in youtube videos and then I realize my looks the same .

- Antti -
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Titanium Silver::Sport Package::Premium Package

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Most of you probably modded your car's exterior, but I bet most of you have never seen your ride roll down the street. That's because you've always been the driver and have not seen your ride from the outside pedestrian or other car perspective - in motion.

Do yourself a favor and let someone drive your ride. Most likely, you will either appreciate your car more (hope so) and not less with the mods in motion. More than likely, you will be very please and surprise that a modded car in motion compared to a sitting one is very contrasting. It goes the same if you have modded your exhaust.

I'm preparing to move up to a 7 series, but my experience above leaves me quite hesitant.
Yes! Very different feeling when you're watching your car driven by someone else. It's quite an "out of body experience". Ha ha ha!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

+1.

The very rare times I let my girlfriend drive my car when I have to drive my truck (standard) to transport things I often forget to watch the road cuz I can't keep my eyes off it. Kinda funny how I remember telling myself when I first got the car that that I wanted to break necks with the mods Id be doing. Did it so well I broke my own neck. LOL
Old 10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by devildawg712
+1.

The very rare times I let my girlfriend drive my car when I have to drive my truck (standard) to transport things I often forget to watch the road cuz I can't keep my eyes off it. Kinda funny how I remember telling myself when I first got the car that that I wanted to break necks with the mods Id be doing. Did it so well I broke my own neck. LOL
I've never seen my car in motion.. i do admire how nicely other stock e60's look though haha
however, devildawg712, your car is my desktop background.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by Bill109
I've never seen my car in motion.. i do admire how nicely other stock e60's look though haha
however, devildawg712, your car is my desktop background.

lol that's cool. thanks broski

Last edited by devildawg712; 10-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

i find myself staring at stock or modded e60's all the time just admiring them at red lights then it hits me, im in one lol then the times when i do see my car being driven weather valet or, if i lend it and see it comming. i want to just let a buddy of mine take it out for a drive and i follow him, i always wanted to see how it looks like in motion in out and about driving.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Very true. Usually I'm the dd in the group. The only time I see it rollin in front of me or hear it is when it takes a visit the dealership for maintenance. Otherwise no valet or car washes for my E60.

Quick Reply: Seen Your Car in Motion Lately