E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Satellite retrofit MOST question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite retrofit MOST question.

I'm installing satellite radio in my 07 530i which came prewired for it. I took the most connector apart and moved all of the fiber optic cables to their correct new spots, but I do not like the bend I have in the cable coming from the satellite module. It got moved from 5 on the upper connector to 1 on the lower which has the curve in it pretty tight. Can anyone else who has done this let me know if this is how yours looked when finished?
Attached Thumbnails Satellite retrofit MOST question.-img_2239.jpg  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

It's a little tight, but I think you'll be OK. I have done this to my '04. Don't forget, you'll need to code CAS and CAPPL/MASK to get it working properly. I had to sit in my car in an open parking lot for about 20 minutes before I was able to capture a signal and get SIRIUS working.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks. I'm just installing and coding it for now. I'm probably not driving it much until the VW is bought back so I don't want to pay for 2 subscriptions.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
Thanks. I'm just installing and coding it for now. I'm probably not driving it much until the VW is bought back so I don't want to pay for 2 subscriptions.
I have two subscriptions, I was able to get a substantial discount when I added the second one. Even though I only drive the E60 on the weekends, the $12 or so that I pay for SIRIUS in it gets enough use. I have it in my company car and it's all I listed to all day long.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

It's all I listen to as well. Had no idea they gave a discount on a second car. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
It's all I listen to as well. Had no idea they gave a discount on a second car. Thanks for the info.
They may not offer it up front, if you call them and tell them you'll add a second subscription but only for a discount SIRIUS is usually good about doing what they can to earn the ba ba business.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Awesome. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
It's a little tight, but I think you'll be OK. I have done this to my '04. Don't forget, you'll need to code CAS and CAPPL/MASK to get it working properly. I had to sit in my car in an open parking lot for about 20 minutes before I was able to capture a signal and get SIRIUS working.
Module in and coding done. Did it in my garage so obviously no satellite signal and probably wont mess with it again or take it out until the weekend. My question for you is, while you were waiting for a signal, what did you see on the screen? I can select "sat" and see the "all channels" bar and have the little dog at the top, but the rest of the main screen is blank. Will this populate when it gets signal or should it say "searching for satellites" or something? Just trying to make sure the hardware is good as I bought it from an online junkyard. thanks.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

I have an early build car with early CCC.

If I remember correctly, I did not see any prompts such as "searching for signal", etc. The screen was set to SAT and was basically blank. I went out the next day, put the car in an open parking lot, and after about 20 minutes of sitting there SIRIUS sprang to life. I had my laptop with me and it has a dialup air card, so I set up the account while I was in the parking lot. I also got my module from a junkyard car.

good luck.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Satellite retrofit MOST question.