E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI's Sweet Music

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

The RPI exhaust is finally installed and it is music to my ears. I was quite amazed how complex is the design and manufacture of the stock system.
The eight cylinders can finally breathe!
Please note campers that the installation procedure, w/jpegs, on the RPI web site is really for the 545i not the 550i. If you are looking for the bracket just behind the cat, don't. It's not there. I would suggest to you all that proper installation requires a series of several pipe cuts in order to insure a precise final fit for clamping. Too big of a slice off the stock piping is definitely a mistake. Of course, if you use the fine folks at RPI or some of the other dealer/installers who work with RPI products, twenty to thirty minutes is probably all that is required, but the rest of us need at least an hour. I used a most trusted mechanic in Freeport to do the work since DIY is out of the question for me, but I did assist!
I heartily recommend that all of you make the change to an RPI exhaust and thank Eloy of RPI for his guidance and advice.
Turn up the volume!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Contributors

PICS AND CLIPS, NOW!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
PICS AND CLIPS, NOW!
I apologize. My work schedule is kinda crazy right now and I was so happy to be part of the installation that I forgot my camera.
Please be patient with me and I'll have some pix up pretty soon.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by 1600
The RPI exhaust is finally installed and it is music to my ears. I was quite amazed how complex is the design and manufacture of the stock system.
The eight cylinders can finally breathe!
Please note campers that the installation procedure, w/jpegs, on the RPI web site is really for the 545i not the 550i. If you are looking for the bracket just behind the cat, don't. It's not there. I would suggest to you all that proper installation requires a series of several pipe cuts in order to insure a precise final fit for clamping. Too big of a slice off the stock piping is definitely a mistake. Of course, if you use the fine folks at RPI or some of the other dealer/installers who work with RPI products, twenty to thirty minutes is probably all that is required, but the rest of us need at least an hour. I used a most trusted mechanic in Freeport to do the work since DIY is out of the question for me, but I did assist!
I heartily recommend that all of you make the change to an RPI exhaust and thank Eloy of RPI for his guidance and advice.
Turn up the volume!
Congrats Lee. Between the M Tech kit amd now the RPI exhaust, you've turned your 550 into quite the monster. Can't wait to see it in person. Any chance of you making it to Roy's farewell meet on April 3rd at noon at the Chart House in Weehawken??
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Contributors

RPI can never go wrong

welcome to the RPI family man youll never go back
Old 03-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Congrats Lee. Between the M Tech kit amd now the RPI exhaust, you've turned your 550 into quite the monster. Can't wait to see it in person. Any chance of you making it to Roy's farewell meet on April 3rd at noon at the Chart House in Weehawken??
I hope I get a chance to have you see it soon, however, on the 3rd, as of now, I have another obligation.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Lee - Don't post any pix or vids. They don't deserve it.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nice love my RPi exhaust!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Contributors

Today is such a beautiful day. Why am I indoors when I could be listening to dulcet tones of my new pipes? Well, that's why we work for our free time, I guess.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

Congratz, I'm completly happy with my RPI and I'm sure you'll be happy with yours.

Welcome to the RPI club.

AE

Quick Reply: RPI's Sweet Music