E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI Sets the Bar for Proven Performance Gains

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008 | 09:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Hey Everybody!

Many of you know me here. Many of you don't. I have only been in the "Modding Game" for a short time(18 months). I have used multiple different shops in So Cal. (EuroRev-D2-Teknik-M-1-Triple AAA-and now RPI).

I was at Racing Precision today in Paramount and I watched the owner Eloy Way single handedly replace an exhaust on an M-5 to a custom fitted one made by RPI. I also watched him Dyno a brand new stock Black M-3 and then install his RPI scoop and Dyno again. At the end of the Day I also had my 08 550 Dynoed, RPI scoop installed and then Dynoed again.

What can I say other than what I saw with my own two eyes? This man takes SUPREME PRIDE in his work and ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT QUESTION INSTALLS MODIFCATIONS THAT IMPROVE PERFORMANCE! He doesn't stop working until his day is done. He didn't eat for about 12 hours straight while working on the cars in front of him. Every one of the cars left his garage with noticeable and verifiable increases in power.

I'm sure many here and around the world have been burned in the Tuner Market by substandard products or claims that couldn't hold out in real world testing. Eloy stands behind every product he produces or works on. He tests every single component multiple times and verifies everything by Dyno Dynamic readings. His RPI scoop is IMO, the single most effective mod you can install relative to price versus performance improvement. His custom made exhaust for a quad M-car is the benchmark in the industry. There is no way any other product even compares to real world performance improvement over stock. You don't have to believe me, but you can see for yourself and view the Dyno charts for his exhaust installed cars. (You guys should hear the M5's he has worked on....HOLY SHITE! And to know the sound comes with no compromise--there is nothing better---you should have all seen the look on the owner of the M5's face after Eloy let him drive his car at 7PM this evening---PRICELESS --like a Kid on X-Mas Morning!!!)

I don't work for RPI and I barely even know Eloy. I know good people when I see them and this man has no peer in the Tuner Crowd. If you are looking for somebody to improve your car's PERFORMANCE over stock and GUARANTEE ZERO POWER LOSS in the process, then you owe it to yourself to visit his shop in Paramount. I still love all my guys at EuroRev (Vince-Will-Ronny-John etc) and props to Trinity (Joe and Nerwizzle) as they all do SUPERB work for what they do.

I'd like to add a little about my car's story to tie all this in. My first Modification was Speed Innovation's Re-Map with EuroRev in July 2007. I then had my AFE intake installed at D2 in September 07. 3 Months later I had Triple AAA install my exhaust.(Dec) After multiple problems with my Check Engine light coming on in the last 10 months, I decided (after listening to some smart forum members here) to go back to my stock airbox (replacing the AFE CAI) with a KN Filter. After 1 month now of driving, my check engine light has disappeared. (YEAH). I also noticed a modest performance improvement with the Sealed Air Box over the AFE(my but Dyno).

Today, I dynoed my car at RPI for the first time. As you can see in the graph attached, my car had lost about 15 HP due to the Triple AAA Quad exhaust modification. I've also "apparently" lost my Speed Innovation Remap as the Dyno was only converting to about 343 Crank HP. After installing the RPI Scoop I was able to GAIN NEAR 10 HP at the WHEELS with a net crank gain of 15HP(Dyno Conversion #'s of 360.03) I'm back to stock!!!! WOOHOO!

So the moral of the story here is simple.

BMW is who they are because they are the BEST at what they do! If you are going to Mod your car after you buy it new from BMW for performance enhancement, you are likely going to lose HP/PERFORMANCE unless you let RPI work on it. I'm sure DINAN and a few others could make similar claims, but we all know how expensive they are compared to the rest of the Tuner/Aftermarket competition. RPI provides an equal if not better experience to DINAN/others at a much more reasonable cost.

I would urge you to consider meeting with RPI to discuss ways you can improve your cars performance at a reasonable cost and with the security and peace of mind of knowing you won't get burned.

FYI....After driving my car back to Pasadena from Paramount on the 605 Freeway, I can say I'm NOTICEABLY SURPRISED by the improvement provided by the RPI Scoop. My Dyno graph attached shows good power gain up top, but the improvement provided by the scoop is felt at all RPM ranges. Just a SUPERB PRODUCT that no BMW enthusiast should do without.

I will encourage people to take her for a spin at SLO! See you there~

Thanks again to Joe T for setting me up with Eloy and RPI.

Jay C
Attached Images
Old 11-11-2008 | 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

But of course, at least for Eloy and RPI
Old 11-11-2008 | 09:43 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

great stuff Jay. yes Eloy is a pleasure to work with
Old 11-12-2008 | 01:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Great review Jay. I read that you "lost" the ECU remap. Was you car flashed by the dealer? If it was, let me know and we will take care of it.
Old 11-12-2008 | 05:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by John@EuroRev' post='718929' date='Nov 12 2008, 03:13 AM
Great review Jay. I read that you "lost" the ECU remap. Was you car flashed by the dealer? If it was, let me know and we will take care of it.
Good morning John! That is what I think. New Century BMW recently did some work on the car due to some Valvetronic issues. I would love to have you guys Re-Flash it again and then I'll Dyno it again at RPI for a benchmark.

When can you guys hook it up?

Jay C
Old 11-12-2008 | 08:11 PM
Members

Let me help you out with the dyno graph.

Jay's LCI 2008 550i gained top end horsepower and torque compared to ICEMAN316's 2007 550i, but ICEMAN316 gained more mid range. This can be attributed to their custom quad exhaust setup. In any case, it's evident that the scoops produce power regardless of the exhaust setup. A stock 550i with scoop would be near 285rwhp.
RPI Sets the Bar for Proven Performance Gains-rpi_dyno_dynamics_jay_550i_11_10_08.jpg
Old 11-12-2008 | 08:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

This couldn't be more true. Before I installed the RPI Pulleys, I just had the RPI Scoops and BMC filters in my car. With the Scoops/Filters, the gains are most noticeable when I'm going 60-70mph. The moment I decide to lay the pedal down at that speed, the car just takes off! It's pretty amazing. At our last Airport meet, I let member gregg2gs drive my car. Aside from him reaching the top speed of 156mph, the first thing he said when he got out of the car was how much the car takes off around 70mph. He couldn't believe it. He was laughing like a little kid. It was pretty funny.

After I installed the RPI Pulleys, it became even more of a noticeable difference, especially at the the low end. I ended up going with a Supersprint Exhaust instead of RPI, but RPI was neck and neck in my final decision. Although I'm very happy with the Supersprint, if I had to do it over again, I would probably go with RPI's.

I am truly happy with RPI's products. The next time I make my way to SoCal, I need to stop in for a visit and meet Eloy in person. I need to thank him. His products provide the best bang for your buck and truly do what they say they're supposed to do.
Old 11-12-2008 | 08:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='719780' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:27 AM
This couldn't be more true. Before I installed the RPI Pulleys, I just had the RPI Scoops and BMC filters in my car. With the Scoops/Filters, the gains are most noticeable when I'm going 60-70mph. The moment I decide to lay the pedal down at that speed, the car just takes off! It's pretty amazing. At our last Airport meet, I let member gregg2gs drive my car. Aside from him reaching the top speed of 156mph, the first thing he said when he got out of the car was how much the car takes off around 70mph. He couldn't believe it. He was laughing like a little kid. It was pretty funny.

After I installed the RPI Pulleys, it became even more of a noticeable difference, especially at the the low end. I ended up going with a Supersprint Exhaust instead of RPI, but RPI was neck and neck in my final decision. Although I'm very happy with the Supersprint exhaust, if I had to do it over again, I would probably go with RPI's.

I am truly happy with RPI's products. The next time I make my way to SoCal, I need to stop in for a visit and meet Eloy in person. I need to thank him. His products provide the best bang for your buck and truly do what they say they're supposed to do.
Hey C, what's up man, do you think that aftermarket pulleys will increase power in my 530i, as I need to replace my belts real soon, also did the RPi pulley kit come with belts and pulleys, thanks man.
Old 11-12-2008 | 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='719796' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:36 AM
Hey C, what's up man, do you think that aftermarket pulleys will increase power in my 530i, as I need to replace my belts real soon, also did the RPi pulley kit come with belts and pulleys, thanks man.
I would contact RPI directly or ask member vegastrashed (also known as, joet@raceprecision). They can tell you the effect it would have on the 530 engine. I'm really not too sure how much of a difference it would make on the I6. I would think it would. Would it be similar gains as to what I'm experiencing? Probably not, but I would think you would still notice it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

As for buying the products, I got my stuff from Joe(r1racer) and Nerwyll(Nerweezy) at Trinity. They totally hooked me up with these RPI products.
Old 11-12-2008 | 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='719003' date='Nov 12 2008, 06:54 AM
Good morning John! That is what I think. New Century BMW recently did some work on the car due to some Valvetronic issues. I would love to have you guys Re-Flash it again and then I'll Dyno it again at RPI for a benchmark.

When can you guys hook it up?

Jay C
Jay, Ill tell Vince this Friday and Ill let you know at SLO when we can re-map your car.

Quick Reply: RPI Sets the Bar for Proven Performance Gains