E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI Exhaust - keeping a car for a long time 4--5 years

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasperxli
single exhaust proved to yield more power but quads just look so damn sexyyyy
Single exhaust(and given the context of this thread I assume you are referring to the axle-back RPI) proved more gains than what, a factory exhaust? I think RPI makes great products, and its possible the small market of people willing to purchase dual exhausts for a non-M is a contributing factor for them deciding not to design and sell a dual exhaust, but if you are comparing a cat-back dual exhaust against the rpi axle-back, I'd like to see this proof.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by Krozi
It's quad exhaust, and it's because RPi does not offer quad exhaust.
Not to get into a pissing contest but you're actually wrong. Technically it is dual exhaust, its the tips that everyone references as quad exhaust.

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
What I want to know if RPI is so awsome from what everyone says, why so many of them have them up for sale to go with a dual exhaust instead? I just find it strange lol
I'm not sure of the main reason, but after creating a thread and west proving gains with his setup, I think people realized the myth that a "quad" or technically a dual exhaust would hinder performance, was false. For more information on this issue you can refer to the thread below and come to your own conclusion:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/985...t-and-fiction/
Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socale39
Not to get into a pissing contest but you're actually wrong. Technically it is dual exhaust, its the tips that everyone references as quad exhaust.
You got into a pissing contest. And I can piss further.

Even though technically it is a dual exhaust, 99% of the people on this forum refer to it as quad. So although it might technically be wrong, it prevents confusion and is much easier to say than "dual exhaust with quad tips"

I'm not sure of the main reason, but after creating a thread and west proving gains with his setup, I think people realized the myth that a "quad" or technically a dual exhaust would hinder performance, was false. For more information on this issue you can refer to the thread below and come to your own conclusion:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/985...t-and-fiction/
A quad exhaust, or "dual exhaust with quad tips" if you must, can yield gains. That isn't the issue. The issue is however, that dual exhausts, or "single exhausts with dual tips if you must, yield higher gains.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

Haha, I just want those who are entering this subject to understand in more depth the difference between quad and dual, and thanks for clarifying that. BTW is that the fountain in front of your house

All kidding aside, as for the RPI exhaust (or single-sided) yielding better results than a "quad" exhaust, well that's been proven wrong. Look though the thread and you'll see member west gained just as much power as RPI claims with their exhaust.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
Im selling mine as well.
How much are you asking?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Haha, I just want those who are entering this subject to understand in more depth the difference between quad and dual, and thanks for clarifying that. BTW is that the fountain in front of your house

All kidding aside, as for the RPI exhaust (or single-sided) yielding better results than a "quad" exhaust, well that's been proven wrong. Look though the thread and you'll see member west gained just as much power as RPI claims with their exhaust.
I for one don't trust the results of a mere 2 dyno sessions on a Mustang Dyno......
Old 12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Senior Members

If that's the case, lets compare apples to apples and show me some customer dyno graphs of a 550i before and after with an RPI exhaust. Maybe I'm not searching enough but the only graphs I'm finding are two pulls from RPI.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

If that's the case, lets compare apples to apples and show me some customer dyno graphs of a 550i before and after with an RPI exhaust. Maybe I'm not searching enough but the only graphs I'm finding are two pulls from RPI.
This is a fair ask socale39, and all I was really looking for. I'm totally open-minded on the matter and would sure as shit replace my dual exhaust with an axle-back rpi if it produced more power, but I haven't seen evidence of this.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by west
How much are you asking?
$600 plus shipping. I have the original ship packaging. Had it for less than a year, in "as good as new" condition.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
$600 plus shipping. I have the original ship packaging. Had it for less than a year, in "as good as new" condition.
Why are you selling it buddy? Have to be honest to 5 series member or else you get a beat down

Quick Reply: RPI Exhaust - keeping a car for a long time 4--5 years