E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

rotiform wheels finally arrived

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Originally Posted by boots
Ok, I got the front fenders rolled. Just the first front 1/4 so no more touching on the dips.
For those of you in Houston who needs their fenders rolled you can contact Sals Auto on hwy 290. (713)462-8500. Ask for Oscar. Nice guy and did a great job

Actually, I spoke too soon. I am still touching on some dips but nowhere near like it was before. I don't need or want the car wheel wells tore up so I will return the front wheels in for re-work.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

whoa whoa, dont give up yet. how bad is it? if you only need a bit more clearance, get under there with a heat gun and soften up that molding....then push/form it back a bit for extra clearance....i did that to my 545i in the rear. solve my rubbing issues 99.9%...

i think it would take much longer to re-do the wheels (esp given how long they took to come in) than figure out a DIY solution on the inner fender wall... #justsayin
Old 11-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

I know man. I hate to send it back in because it did take a long time, but seems I have no choice now. But it is not the rear that is touching. It is the front. The way they made them is such that the front tires are not tucked in under the well which caused the problem. (Not blaming anyone)If it were under there and I lowered it, then I know rolling would solve the problem which is what everyone does. But it sticks out past the well and in turn is causing a problem touching metal. The place I took it to roll it did a good job but in order for it to behave properly, they have to adjust the wheel. I just hope it doesn't take long to do.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

hmm....M5 fenders would solve this problem easily lol

but seriously, how about getting some different tires and stretch them a bit? i feel your pain with the rubbing, trust me i was there. my front wheels stuck out from my fenders like 15mm so i had to get some tires that had a bit of a stretch to them....then i also go REALLY aggressive with the heat gun and adjusted the plastic molding up front and in the rear. too bad youre not in michigan, id tell you to just drop by my house and we'd get-r done!

Originally Posted by boots
I know man. I hate to send it back in because it did take a long time, but seems I have no choice now. But it is not the rear that is touching. It is the front. The way they made them is such that the front tires are not tucked in under the well which caused the problem. (Not blaming anyone)If it were under there and I lowered it, then I know rolling would solve the problem which is what everyone does. But it sticks out past the well and in turn is causing a problem touching metal. The place I took it to roll it did a good job but in order for it to behave properly, they have to adjust the wheel. I just hope it doesn't take long to do.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by umichchris
getting some different tires and stretch them
+1
Old 11-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sachal007
OT: maybe the owner can chime in. From the brakes on the car, it doesnt look like its an M5, but it has a M5 bumper but non M5 fenders? How did you manage to do that? I thought u need M5 fenders in order to get the perfect fit.
I think it is the M5style (non-OEM) bumper without fog lights.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Sport, Premium, Navi, Comfort Access, USB/iPod Bluetooth, Cold Weather Package, Bi Xenon Cornering Headlights

Originally Posted by Kaizen
JEALOUS!
Word lol
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Members
Senior Members

thanks man. Here is the video that I was supposed to put up of the wheels spinning.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Members

Nice wheels!
What are the specs? Did you get a chance to find out their weight?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned

Well done!

Quick Reply: rotiform wheels finally arrived