E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Rolled Fenders....Anyone????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up guys. I just picked my car up from the shop today after installing a set of H & R Pro Springs. It looks incredible...my 21" wheels are now stuffed perfectly up to the fender well with no gaps. My question is to anyone who has "Rolled" thier fenders in the front to gain some extra room for the front tires. Any recommendations on how to do it, or to at least explain correctly to the body shop would be appreciated????
Old 11-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

I personally ahve not had my front fenders rolled but I have had my rears don't but it is the exact some procedure.. the have a tool that connected to your Hub.. and it has a long bar and a tthe end of the part its a metal roller.. they then push the roller on the inside of the fender and continue rolling until the desired roll is achieved

also do a search I beleive somone else had posted a picture of the tool.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Members

Thanks Hamann5.......i will try to find the old post.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='361334' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:22 PM
I personally ahve not had my front fenders rolled but I have had my rears don't but it is the exact some procedure.. the have a tool that connected to your Hub.. and it has a long bar and a tthe end of the part its a metal roller.. they then push the roller on the inside of the fender and continue rolling until the desired roll is achieved

also do a search I beleive somone else had posted a picture of the tool.
I dont know about rolling your fenders in the front...you might want to consider the M5 fenders instead at the end of a job like that (there is no lip to play with.

If you are contemplating changes in the rear you shouldnt roll them either - they have bondo in them and you have a HIGH risk of having paint chip away...lose the warranty and paint in the process. You should take it to a bodyshop that can cut the fender and then dull or 'slightly roll' the left over lip.

keep in mind the clearance might also be a problem with the inner fender liner...lots more than cutting or rolling if that turns out to be the case!

good luck.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Here's a pic of a fender rolling tool:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/tools/fenderlip.jsp
Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='361339' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:44 PM
I dont know about rolling your fenders in the front...you might want to consider the M5 fenders instead at the end of a job like that (there is no lip to play with.

If you are contemplating changes in the rear you shouldnt roll them either - they have bondo in them and you have a HIGH risk of having paint chip away...lose the warranty and paint in the process. You should take it to a bodyshop that can cut the fender and then dull or 'slightly roll' the left over lip.

keep in mind the clearance might also be a problem with the inner fender liner...lots more than cutting or rolling if that turns out to be the case!

good luck.
I have not checked with a body shop, but the front fenders do not have a big lip like the rears and already appear to be rolled.

Let us know what you find out.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by jsal' post='361585' date='Nov 28 2006, 03:19 PM
I have not checked with a body shop, but the front fenders do not have a big lip like the rears and already appear to be rolled.

Let us know what you find out.
they are factory lipped...any rolling would be a modification visible to the eye on the outside lines of the car. This is why I was suggesting the M5 fenders....you'd need the front clip then too though
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i

i got my front fenders rolled yesterday.. and although it was a small change bc the lip was so small, it made a huge difference. I used to rub when ever id go up a decently steep drive way but yesterday had a full car and didnt rub at all. I also wanted to get my rear fenders rolled but the shop i went to recommended that I go to a bodyshop and have it cut.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Members

Did a shop do it for you? How much did it cost?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Members

My Ride: Hamann roof/trunk spoiler Savini Forged 3-piece SV4 22' wheels M6 Sideskirts/Mirrors/Headlights 12000k Xenon

Originally Posted by az530on21' post='362144' date='Nov 30 2006, 08:53 AM
Did a shop do it for you? How much did it cost?
Fender rolling

Roll your fender dot com

Quick Reply: Rolled Fenders....Anyone????