E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ricky's Brake Effect... now in Socal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, sure thing. I swear, one of these days I will make a sig like brabus and nigxdoof so people know what I offer, lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by schanE60
Thanks for the clarification.

So during the day (when the lights are off), when I brake, will the rods and fogs come on? or just the fogs?
Thanks
From my DIY method - when the lights are off, rods and fogs come on while braking.
From Bruce cable and LCI method - when the lights are off, just fogs come on while braking.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

wow this just illustrates more what a waste of money

And to the tards that make the comparison to wheels or other mods--hello other mods that ARE visible to you looking are totally different than something you cannot ever tell by looking at it. When driving it may look different to others but youll never see it.

Hey if you have money to blow on that-all the more power. Just shocking how many crappy cars are on here and the people spend on tailights and leave their cars looking like crap otherwise
Old 09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Lol. Perhaps you're blind.

Seriously, if you can't even tell the difference between pre-LCI and LCI tails, you need to get your eyes checked. That or you're just an obvious troll.

Pro-tip: epic trolling requires skill, which I have a ton of... on PSN
Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

For LCI owners who don't want to cut original OEM cables:

The best would be to have:

1)
- a scheme where everything is in stock configuration
- LED "wings" always on 12V
- no flickering
- dim the standard fog lights to about 70% light output with some resistor
- use 100% fog lights output for braking + third brake rear glass light

or maybe even better, notice that when fog lights are on, brake lights light up differently (much nicer and still enough to see you're braking for cars behind you)

2)
- to just fool the electronics that your rear fog lights are on which uses the second mode for braking.

Anyone can possibly provide these schemes?

What do you think nomis_nehc?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Contributors

I am actually a little puzzled by your post.

In its carnation right now, it does function like your number 1). Though I don't know if it's exactly 70%, but it is lit, visibly, just not at full power without brake depression.

And your 2), I have no idea what you're asking.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Sorry for the confusion.

Currently the mod doesn't work like I described in 1). The problem which I'd like to fix is that once you turn on your fog lights, there's no difference between fog lights on + brake lights and just fog lights. People can only see that you're braking thanks to the third center brake light. By dimming the fog lights to 70% (when they're turned on) and braking at 100% fog light output, there would still be a difference to notice by drivers behind you.

And 2)
Maybe you never noticed it, but on a LCI in default factory configuration, brake lights behave differently when fog lights are on. This "second mode" is actually pretty nice. Not as good as the current mod or my suggested 1), but could be much easier to do for most of the people, I assume. I'm not sure how though.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Contributors

I am still confused. Please indicate if you mean rear fogs. Additionally, US spec vehicles do not have the option to turn on/off the rear fogs, so what you are describing does not apply here.

With that said, as the video indicates, with this mod, the rear fogs does light up at full power when braking -- I dare to say even brighter than the stock two bulb configuration.

So I guess the end of the day, I can't really help you out there because Euro spec sounds like you have a switch to turn on/off the rear fogs (though why you would have it always on is beyond me).

And your above, 2) does not apply to LCI's here in the US unfortunately.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Oh! I had no idea it's configured differently in US. Sorry. Yes, Euro models have an option to turn on rear fog lights (just like front ones). And we use them quite often. In California, obviously you can't really imagine it. The fog in Europe is often so dense that you can't see cars just 50 feet ahead of you. Fog lights greatly improve the visibility of other cars ahead. They are critical, not only on highways.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Yah, I started to guess that after your other post, lol.

Unfortunately kreveta, I don't have a car to test it out, so can't really help you there

Quick Reply: Ricky's Brake Effect... now in Socal!