E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Guys,
I have attached some pictures.

It looks really cool in person.

Took me 2 hours.

Car looks UNIQUE -- RICKY all credit to you buddy.
It was a very simple diy - Click on the image BRUCE_RICKY.GIF(the first picture) to see the pictures.

Also, ZERO IDRIVE errors
Attached Thumbnails Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-bruce_ricky.gif.gif   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_015.jpg   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_016.jpg   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_013.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

This looks awesome, its hard to tell what was done from the pics. Can you explain? Im going to try this out as well
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

Looks fantastic.

Do you have more information ?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

You are welcome and enjoy your mod.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

The following is the stuff you need before you go ahead and start modding
Since Bruce is the Boss of OEM design, I will assume he designed his cables exactly like the LCI's -- So this DIY can be used by folks who have LCI lights from the factory also

1) Four(4) Barrel Diodes -- Peak Inverse Voltage 400 (200 should be okay also)

2) Most important -- If you have upgraded your angel eyes you will have extension connectors. You need those, I have attached a picture(Picture 1) of what I am talking about.

3) You will need the Regular 5007 bulbs (4 bulbs) -- Dont try to be a smart ass by buying LED's

DO NOT GO AHEAD IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ITEM # 2 with you ( I dont want you to screw up the cables) PM me and I shall give you a solution

Ricky and Bruce together --MOD PART 1

1. Check out the pictures which show the cable -- Both front and back

Pin # 2 -- Blue Wire & Pin # 6 -- Green Wire are the two wires we are going to be playing with today

2. Remove both wires from the Connector -- I broke my clip trying to remove them since it was cold outside and the plastic snapped real fast. I am sure you are going to end up breaking them anyway since even after I broke them It was hard to get the pins out (lol)

3. Once you break the holder clips take a flat head screwdriver and push from the outer side so that the pin comes out

Look at the picture number 4 to see what is going on

4. Repeat the steps in picture 4 for the blue wire since we have to get it out also

5. Take your new 5007 bulbs -- Cover them with Black tape (Temporary, I will tell you the permanent solution later on)-- Just like I have done it in one of the picture 5 -- Leave the top portion of the bulb open for just a little light to pass.(why we are doing this I will explain in detail later)

6. Mount the 5007 bulbs in place of your original brake light bulbs --
These are the left most 2 bulbs for the left tail light and the Right most 2 for the Right taillight ( Dont ask me silly questions like which one is left tail and which one is right) I know even the smartest has such questions so here is the answer (The light that has the battery underneath is the Right tail light) See I made it that simple -- You dont even have to go and check which side the steering is to confirm anything

PS -- Happy NewYear 2011 -- I am very sleepy now, will continue NARATION tomorrow morning
Attached Thumbnails Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_017.jpg   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_001.jpg   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_004.jpg   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_003.jpg   Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable-20101231_013.jpg  

Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Contributors

I could have done this even better and simpler way -- lol
I just realised that
Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Contributors

PM me if you want me to do this for you lol
Old 01-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

I admit I'm not an expert on LCI tail lights... But... I saw the pic 1 and.. what?
Do they behave different normally?
Old 01-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlexFW
I admit I'm not an expert on LCI tail lights... But... I saw the pic 1 and.. what?
Do they behave different normally?
First,
Read what the first post says -- Read the last 2 lines -- They will tell you to CLICK on the image.

If clicked && notice difference == 0
Display Message Prompt --
"Skip next 3 lines and Proceed reading further from "No Offense""

Else,
Display Message Prompt -- "You just got smarter "
Exit.

No offense - We all know that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder but for that the beholder needs to be a little observant.

Tell your wife or friend to hold your car brake while you go and check how your brake light looks. At night you will notice that from a distance of 10 ft or more, when you hit the brake the entire tail light will light up and flush the LCI rods, it looks amost like you dont have LCI lights. The beautiful rods get camouflaged in the bright light.

However,
Now when I hit my brake, the LCI rods are visible as they were -- Does that make sense
And the little round light is my brakelight
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

I should be ready in the New Year to release this as a version.

This version should be marginally cheaper than the base V6.

I plan to do 3 variants of these pre-LCI -> Ricky Brake, LCI -> Ricky Brake, pre-LCI ->V6 -> Ricky Brake.

All will be plug and play.

Quick Reply: Rickies mod on Bruce's Cable