E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

retrofitting auto fold mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLooD
What year is you car? and the build month?
Manufacture date is 22.09.2005
Old 06-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
Manufacture date is 22.09.2005
OK so you should have the KGM module then, behind the fuse box passenger side you will find two black modules, one is the KGM, the mirrors need to be wired here. its not for the feint of heart.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 535d Msport Auto, Silver, 18" Alloys Engine Remapped - 315 bhp (apparently), Black Badges, Bright white Angels & Fogs, M-Tech Badge Front Grill, rear LCI upgrade

Originally Posted by rtobin
I am assuming that I am missing a set of wires from my harness then... does any one know or know where I can find out what wires I am missing.. the colour and the pin locations?

any one who has power fold mirrors from presept2005 can you help?

thanks
Wahoo.. figured it out...

if anyone wants to know.. or for future reference...
the positive on the foldmotor goes to pin 6 on the top connector.. and the negative I have hooked upto the negative on the heated mirror..

all works ok..

now how to figure out the coding to activate it for the key
Old 06-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rtobin
Wahoo.. figured it out...

if anyone wants to know.. or for future reference...
the positive on the foldmotor goes to pin 6 on the top connector.. and the negative I have hooked upto the negative on the heated mirror..

all works ok..

now how to figure out the coding to activate it for the key
Congrats.

Add SA430 to your VO first then code TBFT and TMFT with NCS using the standard expert profile and a blank .MAN file.
Then using ether revtor or fisters profile, enable function BEIKLAPPEN_B_KORMFORTSHCL in the above 2 modules.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
OK so you should have the KGM module then, behind the fuse box passenger side you will find two black modules, one is the KGM, the mirrors need to be wired here. its not for the feint of heart.
ok but shouldn't new mirrors just plug into the existing socket which i assume is inside the door panel on each side?
or completely new wiring is needed?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
ok but shouldn't new mirrors just plug into the existing socket which i assume is inside the door panel on each side?
nope, you will have to run new wires as the standard mirrors on post sept/2005 cars are wired completely differently.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

ah ok so yes a lot of work. might just get m5 manual mirrors then.
think i saw someone on the forums selling some sort of adapter to bypass all the extra wiring?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

also if i buy a set of OEM auto fold mirrors made for post sept 05 (my model) and just change the guts from them into the likes of an NVD m5 replica, that should work without rewiring shouldn't it?
example: if i buy a pair of OEM auto fold mirrors from an E60 from 2006 which is being broken down for parts, will those mirrors be plug and play and i just need to code the folding from the fob?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
any mirror that has more than one plug is from pre Sep 2005.

If you get post sep 2005 mirrors at a good price buy them. Then swap all the internals from your mirror into the ones you bought. Cut the folding motor and puddle light wires out and extend them into the plug that you will have transplanted from your mirror. I have done this so I know its possible.
Sorry for being so slow to reply, and thanks for the confirmation and tip. When you say 'internals' what will need to be swapped over, apart from the wiring, please ? Also, do you have any clues re. removing the folding motor and rear covers please (i.e. whereabouts to start levering the flat-head screwdriver) ?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 AM
mop
Members

I hope that it is okay to bring a old thread up..

Can I use the SA430 option on a 2004 car with door modules LOW or do I need HIGH modules?

Quick Reply: retrofitting auto fold mirrors