E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

retrofitting auto fold mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BLooD you seem to have a lot of experience in upgrading your E60 software, I need to know what kind of power supply did you use while working on your car? I don't want to risk anything due to low battery problem. I know for changes by NCSExpert etc. we don't need external power supply but I do plan to upgrade gearbox software for some smooth shifts, not anytime soon but once I have the know-how and all the bits and pieces. I heard E90 used around 20A while ignition on but E60 could take a lot more due to many gizmo and gadgets. By any chance did you note what was the current drawn while ignition turned-on on your E60.

Would 13.8v 30A switched power supply serve this purpose. Don't want to spend a lot for a one-off job.

Sorry if I am asking question not relevant to this thread, but I couldn't find right thread. Feel free to move this around if not appropriate here.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by AI001
I remember trying reverse with mirror switch to the passenger side, didn't make a difference! For acoustic I didn't look into the door/locks menu, will try it tonight if possible. Thanks for your input here.

The passenger mirror curb function wll only work with mirrors that have SA430 to begin with.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
The passenger mirror curb function wll only work with mirrors that have SA430 to begin with.
Thanks, good to know this. First I need to buy M5 mirror first and then will look into this option.

What do you say about constant voltage power supply I asked above.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

30ah is plenty but make sure it can hold a constant 14v.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

damn i wan't to do the same for my 04 530i but im to new and unfamiliar. it sounds like you guys are speaking in a different language. I don't even know where to start in terms of when kind of mirror should i look for. then as i understand there is some programing involved to get all mirror features working like autofolding on remote and curb for passenger and dimming. I don't even know how to program anything or what i even need to do the programming I guess i will need to find someone to do it all for me smh.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
damn i wan't to do the same for my 04 530i but im to new and unfamiliar. it sounds like you guys are speaking in a different language. I don't even know where to start in terms of when kind of mirror should i look for. then as i understand there is some programing involved to get all mirror features working like autofolding on remote and curb for passenger and dimming. I don't even know how to program anything or what i even need to do the programming I guess i will need to find someone to do it all for me smh.
Long journey for you mate? All it needs is interest and time. Be careful not to buy post LCI mirrors as they 'may' not work on your pre-LCI car. Experts here can confirm this.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AI001
Long journey for you mate? All it needs is interest and time. Be careful not to buy post LCI mirrors as they 'may' not work on your pre-LCI car. Experts here can confirm this.
thanx for the tip i was on ebay and i see a bunch of non oem aftermarket replica attempts on the mirrors. indeed this one will be ruff
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Members

Thanks for your input BLooD, do we need any input from dealership like FSC code or any code which may be required during software upgrade process. I will leave those modules as can't afford/justify stealership prices.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what does the KGM module look like, in case i do not have one in my car and i need to get one?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
what does the KGM module look like, in case i do not have one in my car and i need to get one?
KGM looks like a black box :-) having three (or four) connectors coming from it. Depending upon MY of your car bmwfans.info or realoem can show you if you have KGM or not, I believe all the cars after 2004 has KGM and LCI definitely has it. I am not sure what will you achieve by retrofitting KGM?

Quick Reply: retrofitting auto fold mirrors