E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit Extended Lights package

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Sorry if this is a little pedantic but I managed to forget this option - duh And IMHO lighting makes or breaks the interior...

So has anyone done this or know if it is reasonably possible? I am asking because I reckon my dealer is probably not going to know (I have already asked, but haven't gotten back to me yet)
Old 05-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

In case anyone is interested...

It turns out to be a real pain in the a**. There is no retrofit kit, but all the parts seem to be available. The door trims have to have holes made in them (there aren't different panels). Not sure that the loom will be ready to take the lights, but here's hoping! And then I've been told that possibly the control unit might have to be told (but I can't see why, as this is hardly a large current drain, and the activation already happens).

No one seems to want to do this - but I am still trying! I'll keep this posted in case anyone ever wants to do this in future...