E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

retrofit aux poor sound quality

Old 01-22-2017, 04:25 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530I E60
Default retrofit aux poor sound quality

I recently retrofit an AUX into my e60. Radio sounds fine but when I plug in my ipod to the aux it sounds awful. I have to turn the AUX volume all the way up as well as the car sound. I will then hear the music but it is very low, a lot of static and sounds very flat.
I have tried different AUX cables and I get the same results. Please help!
Old 01-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

did you code the system, I'm guessing you did if you're able to switch over to AUX feature, and also bypassed the capacitors soldiered inline?
Old 01-24-2017, 11:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 530I E60

I didn't change the production date but did an FA_WRITE to LMA and CAS $6VA and $609 to get the cic ecu. Radio works fine as well as CD. Aux sounds like garbage though. I go into cd/multimedia and have the AUX FRONT so its there to choose as an option. Not quite sure what you mean by the bypass the capacitors soldered inline
. I was not the one to retrofit the aux
Old 01-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Are you able to remove the Aux cable, the headphone input jack side, and follow the wire down a few inches. You will see a budge that's wrapped inside the black tape.

Inside there, you can cut away the capacitor/resistor...whatever it is, and just get rid of it. and connect your cable back. So it's a straight connection.

If you don't have that budge, then you should be ok. Have you tried a different audio cable with a different device just to see?

Search this Thread