E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retractable plate installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

So as a result to being pulled over I bought this from John last week say?. Wednesday time frame and it literally made it across the country in less than 36 hours after payment. Sales at MOTORCONCEPTS is on point!

Anyways. The installation went pretty smooth. I didn't have the patience for my friend to get off work so I can borrow his dermal so I just used a serrated knife to cut the grill on my Mtech kit. I had the front camera installed in the upper third of the grill so I just re-installed it at its lowest point. (Which is where I wanted it in the first place.) I installed the front camera for the main purpose of it guiding me when I park so I don't ruin my CF diffuser on those cement pillars in the parking lot.

Anyways, the installation was quite simple. It was a bit tedious, but I got it don't and works like a charm. I was a little fooled tho thinking that I wouldn't be able to tell that it's there but I guess my mind automatically looks for it.

There's about a 1/2 inch of metal that MUST stick out of your bumper in order for the contraption to work properly. At first it bothered me, but I can live with it. There's so much going on in my front end now that I think it just blends right in. And since I had to purchase a 2nd plate since I never had a front plate on I went ahead and got a vanity plate done. Nothing crazy. I got a Military plate and something clever I saw when I lived in Washington DC.

Here's a quick vid for ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNq9g2h4VRU&feature=related
Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

I want one now!!!!!! how much?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Super awesome. If I move away from where I am, I probably will pick one up as well.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Senior Members

I got mine during John's sale for 140 shipped. He's running a GB for 130 shipped but I couldn't wait that long.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Members

My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

Its pretty awesome...!!!

The idiots that did my bumper install popped holes in my front bumper for the license plate holder.. wish they would have done this...
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

thats pretty slick. I glad a little while back my province decided to get rid of the front license plates.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Members

What make is this one? Could you do me a massive and ask how I can get one to the UK total delivered to my door.. I have same looking car I am looking for the lip what and where is that from?

Awsome job m8 love it!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I have mounted mine in a different place, between the Lip and the bumper for various reasons.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by matttytn2
What make is this one? Could you do me a massive and ask how I can get one to the UK total delivered to my door.. I have same looking car I am looking for the lip what and where is that from?

Awsome job m8 love it!

Concat John@MotorConcepts in the Vendors classified section. He will definitely take care of you

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
I have mounted mine in a different place, between the Lip and the bumper for various reasons.
Thought about putting it there but I didn't like how it looked.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

another amazing mod jr
looks good, now i want one as well
thanks for sharing the video

Quick Reply: Retractable plate installed