E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016
Default Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!

Hi guys. I wanted to make a public announcement about stepping away from the community since in Socal I have been the long-time go to guy for headlights and other electrical mods.

Long story short, I have an opportunity oversea that I am really excited about, and currently am anticipating my big move by the end of February.

So what that means for the community is that if you have ever thought about doing headlight mods, or other services that I offer, now is the time to try to schedule with me. Although I anticipate my move to be in February, it is most probable that I would not be doing any work after the first week of February so I can deal with the details of the move.

With that said, here's a recap of the things I do:

Headlight mods: pre-LCI and LCI. Orion v2/v4 install, custom painting/black outs, clear lenses swap and install, amber removal/Euro sticker, white eyebrow conversion -- for pre AND LCI (I currently am the only person in the states that has found a way to reuse the OEM board with the white LEDs, method developed three months ago), projector retrofits, and lastly, the illuminated fin project for LCIs -- check in sig.

Coding: this one is self explanatory, enabling features and options that are disabled such as real time traffic, digital speedo, and many other custom parameters that is not published on the forum.

Enabling angel eyes as welcome lights and DRL for pre-LCI people that are on LM1. I have developed my own method to this as well (different than what's in the thread on this board) and does not require any wiring to the front to the headlights at all.

LCI tails retrofit. I can retrofit LCI tails for people with LM1 without Bruce's cables using BMW's wiring harness, all functions work properly.

LCI tails special brake effects. Again, no need for v6.1 cables. Been doing this mod for over 2 and a half years now.

Other auxiliary installs such as back up/front camera (Modmynav is my recommendation), HID AE, HID reverse (hugely recommends this) are offered as well.

I'll be posting up some pictures of recent work, and people I have done work for, please feel free to post as well!

If I forget "stuff", I will be sure to add to this thread!

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good to Know You

You will be missed

Great guy and great to deal with

Take care of yourself Simon and God Bless
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Good luck Simon, hope everything works out for you in your new adventures.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a customer and friend sad sad day in forum history I hope you still hang around to give tips and advice but good luck in all you endeavors
Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

oh no who else offers this service in so cal
Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Simon congrats and good luck on all future endeavors! You have been an invaluable resources to the community and will be missed! Are you taking your E60 with you?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Man! So sorry to see you go! But please linger around whenever possible! Good luck to you!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by pjinca
Good luck Simon, hope everything works out for you in your new adventures.
Thank you sir! I assume that your real time traffic info is working properly?

Originally Posted by PC Mac Dr
You will be missed

Great guy and great to deal with

Take care of yourself Simon and God Bless
Thanks bud, I will pop in every now and again I am sure! As a bystander, haha.

Originally Posted by spediegunz
As a customer and friend sad sad day in forum history I hope you still hang around to give tips and advice but good luck in all you endeavors
Sure thing! Also, I will most likely start on the tails project sometime this week.

Originally Posted by ///M-Power
oh no who else offers this service in so cal
Hah, might as well move forward with me whatever you need to do!

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
Simon congrats and good luck on all future endeavors! You have been an invaluable resources to the community and will be missed! Are you taking your E60 with you?
Thanks man, currently, it's most likely I will be selling my car. Will most likely be reaching a decision in a week or two. I think I am probably not going to deal with part out since that's just extra time and headache to deal with.

So if you guys know anyone that wants to pick up an E60 like how I have done it, let me know!

Originally Posted by balbs
Man! So sorry to see you go! But please linger around whenever possible! Good luck to you!
Of course, I will be around in spirit, kind of!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Bro! Good luck with everything man! Sad to see you retire but guess we all have to move on.

Hope to hear great things overseas for yah.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Thank you sir! I assume that your real time traffic info is working properly?
LOL, Don't know yet, the new NAV disc is supposed to arrive today, I will find out when I get home tonight. I will text you tonight how it goes.

Quick Reply: Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!