E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replica quality & fitment from Umnitza, Trinity or other vendors

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,
i'm thinking of buying a replica rear bumper & side skirts. i know a lot of you have purchased rear bumpers & side skirts. So if you could list the the vendors you've purchased from and whether the fit perfectly or any modifications needed, i could perhaps use your experience in determining what vendor i could go and purchase from.

the bumper i'm looking to buy is a Pre-LCI with PDC holes (rear bumper) & the side skirts. Right now Umnitza is on top of my list.

Thank you in advance.

i've seen the rear diffuser kinda stick out like the pic below, have anyone got this to stick out that badly?
Attached Thumbnails Replica quality & fitment from Umnitza, Trinity or other vendors-img_7866.jpg  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Can't go wrong with either Trinity or Umnitza. Umnitza may have their negative fan base but from what I have seen, they have always posted to rectify the problem. Trinity on the the other hand seems to be this boards favorite!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530Xi Black Black Automatic NAV Cold Weather Package Premium Package Exterior Red RPI Air Scoop Matte Black Grills 15% Tints Rear Light Tints Shadowline Trim Black Carbon Fiber Roundels Gloss Red Painted Calipers CF hood and trunk roundels Engine BMC filter, RPI scoop Interior ACS pedals Ultimate LED Interior Light Kit Wheels Miro Type 111 matte black 19x8.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 245/35/19 fronts 19x9.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 275/30/19 rears Lighting Euro sticker Angel Eyes Upgrade 8000k FOG White LED Eyebrow Upgrade LED Cluster Upgrade LED License Plate Upgrade

Joe and Nerweezy from Trinity are definitely by far the best guys to talk to... ...t hey hook you up and also look out for your best interest...i can personally tell you that...

-Mike
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

PM'd you brother!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by meast13
Joe and Nerweezy from Trinity are definitely by far the best guys to talk to... ...t hey hook you up and also look out for your best interest...i can personally tell you that...

-Mike

+1000 Trinity FTW!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Members

can't go wrong with OEM either. having just parted out my OEM M5 rear and side, resale value for those part far exceeds that of the replicas. and where ever you take it to, the painters/installers will not overcharge you for test fitting and poor quality (having to refinish, solvent popping because of fine holes in the reps, etc.) it might cost a couple hundred more, but I'll tell you, you wont be disappointed. perfect fit and no modification needed. good luck.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by calbear550
can't go wrong with OEM either. having just parted out my OEM M5 rear and side, resale value for those part far exceeds that of the replicas. and where ever you take it to, the painters/installers will not overcharge you for test fitting and poor quality (having to refinish, solvent popping because of fine holes in the reps, etc.) it might cost a couple hundred more, but I'll tell you, you wont be disappointed. perfect fit and no modification needed. good luck.
+1... Exactly my thoughts. This is why have chosen oem.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Members

honestly, ppl can be good or bad, but ultimately it comes down to the product. in my case i'm looking to get the best fitment, and material has to be good for a replica. So customer service do play a role as far providing you after sale support, but if you're knowledgeable then i guess you don't have to factor that in.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

the key is to make sure you get the parts that work properly, customer service - touchy feely stuff we're not good at, but we do bend over backwards to make sure the parts fit the way we say they will.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by shorttough
honestly, ppl can be good or bad, but ultimately it comes down to the product. in my case i'm looking to get the best fitment, and material has to be good for a replica. So customer service do play a role as far providing you after sale support, but if you're knowledgeable then i guess you don't have to factor that in.
If you want the best fitment, then go with OEM. Also, if you eventually want to go quads, only the OEM MTECH rear is guaranteed to fit aftermarket quad diffusers. Otherwise, go with the M5 Style replica or OEM M5 rear bumper.

Quick Reply: Replica quality & fitment from Umnitza, Trinity or other vendors