E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replica M5 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:21 AM
gpt
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum as I am picking up my 06 530 in a few days. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the replica M5 wheels being sold by a variety of wheel/tire companies. The price for OEM seems pretty high although I'm aware of 'you get what you pay for'. There are some that have a lifetime warranty on the finish and I found that intriguing. Any experiences good or bad?
Thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Welcome gpt Here are my 2 cents on replicas :thumbsdown: for the money you are paying for this great car, why treat it to a cheap pair of rims if not OEM, then at least a good aftermarket brand(BBS,ect,ect.)Just my opinon
Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Welcome to the forum! It's allways nice with new members. Check out normans car
Old 12-08-2005, 07:49 AM
gpt
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='208725' date='Dec 8 2005, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the forum! It's allways nice with new members. Check out normans car
Thanks for welcoming me. Who is Norman and where can I check out his car?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by Berlin.BMER' post='208723' date='Dec 8 2005, 11:29 AM
Welcome gpt Here are my 2 cents on replicas :thumbsdown: for the money you are paying for this great car, why treat it to a cheap pair of rims if not OEM, then at least a good aftermarket brand(BBS,ect,ect.)Just my opinon
you're the man BerlinBmer. I totaly agree with you. also replicas will be defective after couple of pot holes hits. Also you are right such a car as E60 for such money deservers proper rims.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

sry his name is norham. check this link out to send an email to him. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showuser=1577
I'm not 100% that his wheels are replicas. Don't blame me if im wrong
Old 12-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by gpt' post='208715' date='Dec 8 2005, 06:21 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum as I am picking up my 06 530 in a few days. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the replica M5 wheels being sold by a variety of wheel/tire companies. The price for OEM seems pretty high although I'm aware of 'you get what you pay for'. There are some that have a lifetime warranty on the finish and I found that intriguing. Any experiences good or bad?
Thanks

Hello gpt and welcome

Try the Search mode of this site.

Replicas are what they are :thumbsdown: but you do no get a lifetime warranty for OEM M5 wheels either.
You go not get a lifetime warranty for anything; Timberline boots nor for life itself!

Do not buy replicas and get ride of your RF tyres1
Old 12-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by gpt' post='208715' date='Dec 8 2005, 11:21 AM
Hi all,
Thanks
You don't say where you are, but in harsh (salty, etc) winter conditions, my experience indicates that most replica wheel finishes simply won't hold up more than two years. You need to move into the premium range for more coating certainty, and that's about where the BMW wheels are, price-wise.

And I'd agree with others: change (and sell) those runflats while you are at it. You will NOT regret that move; and maybe, your dealer will give you a break on a total swap-out package price.

Good luck,
Ray Hull
Old 12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

I wonder what wheels do you have now? Plz post pics when you picked it up!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:15 AM
BAX
Members

My Ride: ordered 21.10.05; 535d, mystic blau, M sports package, black leather nasca interior, sunroof, Active Steering, Alarm, Comfort Acces, Seat Ventilation, PDC, Xenon with Adaptive Lights, Nav.Proffesional, Head-Up Display, TV function, Hi-Fi Prof., M lip spoiler. previous car: 2001/ 330Ci, topaz blue

Used to have Allesio (Italian manufacturer) replicas on my 330Ci. Did not last 3 months during 1 winter.
Yes, much more affordable, but as English people say: "I am not rich enough to buy cheap things!"
Either buy OEM or proven brands like: BBS, OZ, Momo.

Quick Reply: Replica M5 wheels