E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replacing LCI H7 bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 08 528i I just ordered some new mtec 4350k superwhite bulbs. I was wondering how easy are these to install? I have H7 bulbs, halogen.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/591...grade-how-too/ This 528i has H8 bulbs. Would the H7 be in the same spot?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I have a 08 528i I just ordered some new mtec 4350k superwhite bulbs. I was wondering how easy are these to install? I have H7 bulbs, halogen.

http://forums.5serie...pgrade-how-too/ This 528i has H8 bulbs. Would the H7 be in the same spot?
check your manual
Old 02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
check your manual

On Page 244 the manual link you sent me shows it the same as the DIY on here shows it. But in the DIY post someone said for the H7 bulbs you have to take the headlight assembly out. However the manual shows replacing the H7 bulbs the same as the DIY showed replacing H8 bulbs.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

On Page 244 the manual link you sent me shows it the same as the DIY on here shows it. But in the DIY post someone said for the H7 bulbs you have to take the headlight assembly out. However the manual shows replacing the H7 bulbs the same as the DIY showed replacing H8 bulbs.
the link above is for xenon headlights, that's why it's different from your Halogen lights....construction is different...just try popping your hood and see how it looks...you might as well take some pics and make a DIY thread of it if you really want...i's take 10 seconds to pop your hood and unscrew that plastic cover to see how the bulb is sitting in there

not sure if pre-lci and lci assembly is the same for the low beam h7 bulb, but again...checking for yourself and following the manual would be the best way to confirm....
Old 02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

There halogen. The manual says the same as the DIY though. The manual states a H7.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

There halogen. The manual says the same as the DIY though. The manual states a H7.
exactly, but your halogen AE bulbs are not the same as the xenon AE bulbs (H8), so the location might be different or could be the same, the DIY in this thread is for xenon AE H8 bulb replacement, not halogen low beam (h7 bulb) replacement...the manual does show a picture similar to this, but again...just pop the hood and take a look for yourself..
Old 02-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Looks like I will do that. The manual states the H7 bulbs change the same way as the H8 were changed in the DIY.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

BTW: I am not changing AE I am changing the low beams. From stock because the stock blew to this http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...ITE-13-18.html.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Your halogen uses 4 H7 bulbs ... 2 for low beam and 2 for hi beam ... pop open your hood and visualize it if you replace the bulb on the location on the DIY more than likely you'll replace the hi-beam 'cuz it in-line w/ the inner round reflector.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Members

Changed mine a while ago on my 2007 535d AM Sport LCI halogen set up . I did not have to take out the headlights to replace either the high or low beam lights . Mine were the H7's for both high & low . The low beams are on the outside of the headlamp units & there is a drop down cover that you can unclip....don't drop it . I get my good lady to swop out the bulbs for me as she has tiny hands . Very useful. The high beams are to the inside of the light unit and these have 2 inch black screw off caps . These are easier to get to and even my big paws can do the swop out on these . The Angel Eye side light bulbs.......don't get me started . Headlamp out & small paws required .

Quick Reply: Replacing LCI H7 bulb?