E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replacing Front Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

I placed an order with Tunermotorsports but they told me they are on order because they didnt have them in stock and i have to wait 2 weeks. I already have the Axxis Ultimate Pads and im just looking to see if anyone here knows where and what kind of slotted rotors i should get? Any help is greatly appreciated.....
Old 10-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I have your rotors in stock R1Concept.

R1Concept Rotors D/S
Front - $175
Rear - $165

Can you return the pads? I would recommend the Hawk HPS.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 10-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

Actually Hawk HPS and the Axxis Ultimate Pads where the ones recommended i buy and the only reason i went with Axxis is because i was told by two fellow BMW mechanics that they'v had better experience with them. And the rotors iv found online with Modbargins and Tunermotorsports were running $220.00 to $370.00 for the front pair. Why are yours so cheap in price that is?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor

Search the forum for Hawk HPS -- trust me they are A LOT better than the Axxis. Mine are Eline rotors.

Elines use the same casting grade as OEM rotors. The premium uses a higher cast grade so it's stronger. Both are coated with zinc on the hubs to prevent rust. The premium's hub is also coated with a black powdercoat.

Eline is good for most general uses but I would recommend premium.

R1Concept Eline Rotors D/S
Front - $175
Rear - $165

R1Concept Premium Rotors D/S
Front - $255/pair
Rear - $215/pair

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

You'll regret buying those axxiss ultimate pads. Trust me, I did. I had nothing but some seriously annoying squeeling at ALL breaking levels. These pads were used with both R1 Concept cd/slotted rotors as well as OEM rotors. My brakes continued to squeel after 1k miles and after numerous brake bedding attemps on both rotors. Now these pads are just taking up room in my shed.

The rotors were not the problem, it's the pads. These pads are designed to withstand very, very high temperatures (as in track use) to outperform and not squeel. These are temperatures you cannot create nor reach during your average or even spirited driving. YOU WILL HAVE squeeling brakes if you use these pads. Good luck

Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Former Vendor

you running hawks now?

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
You'll regret buying those axxiss ultimate pads. Trust me, I did. I had nothing but some seriously annoying squeeling at ALL breaking levels. These pads were used with both R1 Concept cd/slotted rotors as well as OEM rotors. My brakes continued to squeel after 1k miles and after numerous brake bedding attemps on both rotors. Now these pads are just taking up room in my shed.

The rotors were not the problem, it's the pads. These pads are designed to withstand very, very high temperatures (as in track use) to outperform and not squeel. These are temperatures you cannot create nor reach during your average or even spirited driving. YOU WILL HAVE squeeling brakes if you use these pads. Good luck
Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Not yet. I just put my OEM pads back on for now. Seriously hating the dust...

Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Former Vendor

i can fix that

michael
acute performance

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
Not yet. I just put my OEM pads back on for now. Seriously hating the dust...
Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
i can fix that

michael
acute performance
haha I know you can.

It just sucks knowing that I have these barely used brake pads I won't dare to use anymore. You accept trade in? j/k I'll be sure to contact you when I need those Hawks
Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor

how about send me your crummy pads and i'll give you a $10 credit (probably not worth it cuz of shipping)

michael
acute performance

Quick Reply: Replacing Front Rotors