E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Rep Trunk & Roof Spoiler $205 (painted & shipped)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my ebay ordered trunk and roof spoiler (painted jet black) earlier this week and I just wanted to post-up my thoughts.

The fit of the pieces is spot on it should be a easy install with the provided 3M tape. I decided to have it painted by them, so it would be plug & play for me (I don't have the patience to deal with body and repair shops so I do most of this type of easy work myself).

The first thing I noticed about the paint was that it is soft and easily swirled (but that's the case with most ABS aftermarket pieces). I would rate the paint job as arrived at 8.5 out of 10 (with ten being a swirl free job that needed no attention at all). This is about what I expected for the price. The were a couple of blemishes and a few minor rough spots. The good news is after a little Zainos AIO polish (on the blemishes, rough spots, and to take out the swirls) and a couple of coats of Z5 polish both pieces are right where they need to be. I am extremely satisfied.

I got these from eBay seller 4A Motors (4A Motors on eBay) and the total price for both pieces (including painting and shipping) was $205.00.

For me, a super deal. Now for the pics!
Attached Thumbnails Rep Trunk & Roof Spoiler $205 (painted & shipped)-trunk-roof-spoiler-1.jpg   Rep Trunk & Roof Spoiler $205 (painted & shipped)-trunk-roof-spoiler-2.jpg   Rep Trunk & Roof Spoiler $205 (painted & shipped)-trunk-roof-spoiler-3.jpg   Rep Trunk & Roof Spoiler $205 (painted & shipped)-trunk-roof-spoiler-4.jpg  
Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Nice, $205 shipped and painted is a great deal. Get them on and take some pics.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black Saphire

Heard nothing but good stuff about these guys. I think Pjinca had good experiences with these guys too.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Victory
I received my ebay ordered trunk and roof spoiler (painted jet black) earlier this week and I just wanted to post-up my thoughts.

The fit of the pieces is spot on it should be a easy install with the provided 3M tape. I decided to have it painted by them, so it would be plug & play for me (I don't have the patience to deal with body and repair shops so I do most of this type of easy work myself).

The first thing I noticed about the paint was that it is soft and easily swirled (but that's the case with most ABS aftermarket pieces). I would rate the paint job as arrived at 8.5 out of 10 (with ten being a swirl free job that needed no attention at all). This is about what I expected for the price. The were a couple of blemishes and a few minor rough spots. The good news is after a little Zainos AIO polish (on the blemishes, rough spots, and to take out the swirls) and a couple of coats of Z5 polish both pieces are right where they need to be. I am extremely satisfied.

I got these from eBay seller 4A Motors (4A Motors on eBay) and the total price for both pieces (including painting and shipping) was $205.00.

did you have to apy customs (import from china) ?
how long took delivery?
Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rolly888
did you have to apy customs (import from china) ?
how long took delivery?
Thanks
I didn't have to do anything special or out of the ordinary for the order. I paid for them on January 26th and got them yesterday. There was no mail delivery Friday, Saturday, or Sunday due to the east coast Blizzard or else I would've prob had them last week sometime. They came via EMS Worldwide delivery (delivered locally by USPS).
Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Titanium Silver. (6spd)(Sport)(Premium)(Navi)(Active Steering)(Adaptive Headlights)

Good to know, I plan to use these guys from some mods on my own car in the near future.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Members

I didn't have to do anything special or out of the ordinary for the order. I paid for them on January 26th and got them yesterday. There was no mail delivery Friday, Saturday, or Sunday due to the east coast Blizzard or else I would've prob had them last week sometime. They came via EMS Worldwide delivery (delivered locally by USPS).
Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Those are great, make sure you secure it good after you put that double sided tape.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

that's a really great price! what's the prep and install like? i'd love to see pics when everything's installed.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

i think i might give these a try.... nice

Quick Reply: Rep Trunk & Roof Spoiler $205 (painted & shipped)