E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

red puddle light mod (under mirrors)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Humm interesting, it looks pretty cool.

Though have to ask, which state are you in? California states that you cannot have more than 2 lights to signal. I am assuming your turn signal, and side markers also blink as well? (source: traffic school yesterday, lol)
Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Humm interesting, it looks pretty cool.

Though have to ask, which state are you in? California states that you cannot have more than 2 lights to signal. I am assuming your turn signal, and side markers also blink as well? (source: traffic school yesterday, lol)
yes they do but these dont blink theyr just when you open the door and lock and unlock. i live in nj but have FL license
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

looks awesome bro!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

dam thats tight
Old 01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

I am wondering if you could also do this with some kind of overlay that goes on the under side of the mirror over the LED housing so you dont have to crack open the mirror and change the lights.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GsQ
I am wondering if you could also do this with some kind of overlay that goes on the under side of the mirror over the LED housing so you dont have to crack open the mirror and change the lights.
doubt it, if you look everything is very flush under there, there wouldnt be room for anything like that unless you stick it to the mirror itself and it would hang down... not to mention where the wires would go. it really wasnt a hard mod to do. takes about 5 min to get the mirror off and leds in hand. another 5 to dremel and for me it took an hour to solder haha an experienced person can probably do this in 20min. its pretty hard to dammage anything in the process, its similar to the eyebrow mod but way easier to get to.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Contributors

i staggered the red and white leds and it made a pink ground effect for all the ladies out there hahah... before changing it all to red obviously
Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by joebaggg
doubt it, if you look everything is very flush under there, there wouldnt be room for anything like that unless you stick it to the mirror itself and it would hang down... not to mention where the wires would go. it really wasnt a hard mod to do. takes about 5 min to get the mirror off and leds in hand. another 5 to dremel and for me it took an hour to solder haha an experienced person can probably do this in 20min. its pretty hard to dammage anything in the process, its similar to the eyebrow mod but way easier to get to.
YA i got you. Me and sodering and dremels on my car isn't gonna work. Im not quite that advanced. But hopefully I can find some So Cal guys that want to meet up that might bestow some electrical knowledge on me.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GsQ
YA i got you. Me and sodering and dremels on my car isn't gonna work. Im not quite that advanced. But hopefully I can find some So Cal guys that want to meet up that might bestow some electrical knowledge on me.
Id do it for you but i have that same problem, i wouldnt want to mess up someone elses car. my leds arent straight any more they look like a set of jacked up teeth haha doesnt really matter tho cuz whos gonna look under there. the light output isnt affected.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM
GsQ
Contributors

Originally Posted by joebaggg
Id do it for you but i have that same problem, i wouldnt want to mess up someone elses car. my leds arent straight any more they look like a set of jacked up teeth haha doesnt really matter tho cuz whos gonna look under there. the light output isnt affected.
I feel you man either way it looks good and im sure that it compliments your body well love the all black and red theme. Thats how my car is i wanna get red calipers or even maybe black gloss calipers. As i delve more into my car I am sure I will become more competent in dealing with the electronics and stuff.

Quick Reply: red puddle light mod (under mirrors)