E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

received a package today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone.

I really like the size of the tips because they are big enough to grab attention but do not take over the rear end. They stick out PERFECTLY. The sound has already gotten deeper and louder....but is still awesome! This sound for less than $200 can not be beat. Im not in this to get better performance out of a 530. I put a filter in because they last near 50k and are awesome. Just to let everyone know im going to record a sound clip when im in the car and hopefully it will answer questions!! Im not doing it tonight because im getting WASTED!!!! UFC fights and the laker game are on right now, sooooo peace out!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Boosted4Door' post='887381' date='May 23 2009, 02:59 AM
PraiseTheLowered - Your E60 looks VERY nice.. very well done...

AWG: I like your muffler, I would like to do the same on my 08' 535, but:
1) I would like beefier tips
2) Remove the Resonator
3) Remove 2 of my 4 cats
4) Change the stock piping to 3" from the downpipe to the muffler

By the way: I got a quote for $400 including the magnaflow muffler for the complete job listed above.. fair price?

Thanks...

thanks man,

seibon hood and trunk going on the car on tuesday

its a fair price for that amount of work
Old 05-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Contributors

im going to get cabin clip so you can see the sound. tomorrow, not now. going to sleep.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='887276' date='May 22 2009, 11:08 PM
Its 100% fine thank you!!

The cabin sound. Alright well when your going through the gears you can hear it more than the stock one. Its not extremely loud or annoying. I was just cruising home going 70-80 with music on and i could hardly hear the exhaust. It sounds nice and low at low rpm's and in the high end almost flattens out to a sound just slightly louder than stock. I think it fits my car perfectly. I was trying to describe it as adding a sporty touch to a classy car. I find myself driving a lot faster, and in sport mode A LOT now. Its only been one day but my average mpg dropped over a 1.5 miles. Tomorrow i will grab another camera and have someone hold it in the back seat with all the windows up and no other sound and i will start from a stop and see what i can as far as finding you some answers!!! It sounds NOTHING live the eclipse or civic. Subi's seem to have a low nasty rumble. I have never liked subi's exhaust sounds.

Thank you.

Thanks to everyone else for the nice comments.

Like ptl said im not too concerned with power loss. As of right now it doesnt feel any different. I dont feel any lag what so ever. How much hp could i really lose on a muffler? None of the stock piping has been changed. Cut stock muffler weld this one on. In fact this MF muffler is a lot lighter than the stock one. If i lose 1-7 hp its really not going to be noticeable and doesnt concern me. I have a 530, im not trying to go fast. Honestly im not good at describing this whole thing but i will say im 100% satisfied with JUST a muffler. If you were to do a full system and had more needs/wants out of this it would be pretty sweet. I got what i wanted and this satisfies my needs.

The stock muffler - i did get it back and yes the stock muffler is $445 from realoem, plus the tips are 35, and the clamping bush is 72. All this comes to 552. I have this muffler listed in the private sales. It has 29k on it and is in 100% working order. Willing to work out a deal with someone if they need it. Thanks

Well Subis have that rumble because of the boxer engine, its one of the best engines every made and put into a jap car IMHO
Old 05-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Great job on the exhaust.
I'm planning on replacing my resonator with a magnaflow soon. Keeping the stock section III.

Also, when you took the sound clips I noticed the 2nd one said "with the garage closed"
That's a bit umm...suicidal isn't it? Hope you had a window open
Old 05-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='888139
I'm planning on replacing my resonator with a magnaflow soon. Keeping the stock section III.

Also, when you took the sound clips I noticed the 2nd one said "with the garage closed"
lol in those video you can see what looks like a doorway on the right wall. Its a door that connects the two seperate garages. So taking 1 sound clip is not going to fill up the 4 stall garage

sound clip from cabin ride coming today..
Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Muffler looks and sounds good.

Originally Posted by ShadeZeRO' post='888250' date='May 24 2009, 09:02 AM

That was what I was thinking too.