E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

R1 Concepts rotors rusting - only 2 months old

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Says the guy in Cali...with no salt or winter or terrible rust anywhere to be seen....

I got my R1 concepts from Trinity. My front rotors aren't just rusty, but they're are fucking warped. I have vibration at high speed with them and stopping power isn't really as good as it was with OEM. I've only had them a year.
1 year? are they still under warranty?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Yes they are.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
1 year? are they still under warranty?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

if they are under warranty, why not get them replaced?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Hey,

I just spoke with R1 and we're going to send you a new pair of front premium d/s rotors and completely black them out just like the rears.

Hope that's okay with you.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Thats completly fair, hope these work out better. Thanks for the great service and taking care of this swiftly!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Hi Len,

I just responded to the email you sent me. R1 will be sending you out a new set with the fronts completed blacked out like the rears. Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have brought this rusting issue up with R1 and from now on, all premium sets will be coated completely with black high temperature coating to prevent rusting.

When the brake pads make contact with the rotors it will remove the high temp paint on the surface but remain in the slots and holes to prevent future rusting.

I know R1 hasn't been perfect -- no one is -- but it's the fact they are willing to stand by their products and make changes like these that I keep supporting them. I don't know many companies that are willing to do that these days.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Michael

Thanks for you quick response. It's much appreciated and thanks for getting a new pair of front rotors sent my way.

Your customer service is second to none.

Len
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Glad to hear R1 concept adjusted the way they paint their rotors to combat against the rust issue. Will the new look of the rotors look much different than the previous? Anyway you can post a picture showing what the new updated ones will look like once you get them in.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Glad to hear R1 concept adjusted the way they paint their rotors to combat against the rust issue. Will the new look of the rotors look much different than the previous? Anyway you can post a picture showing what the new updated ones will look like once you get them in.
It'll look the same except the slots and holes will have the black high temp coating.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Members

Expecting my R1 Premiums to show up today...out for delivery on UPS truck as I type.

I will be installing this Sunday. Fronts with HPS pads.

Will report later
Old 09-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
if they are under warranty, why not get them replaced?

I've talked to Joe @ Trinity about this months ago, but I never got any indication that I could actually have them replaced under any warranty. That would be fantastic.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I've talked to Joe @ Trinity about this months ago, but I never got any indication that I could actually have them replaced under any warranty. That would be fantastic.
I've mentioned to you before that they were covered under warranty but you made it pretty clear you didn't care. Talk to Joe and you should easily get them replaced under warranty. If he can't, I'll gladly help you out.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: R1 Concepts rotors rusting - only 2 months old