E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quick Review Of RPi Full GT Exhaust E60 M5

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

This is just a quick review. No video clips. Video clips on other threads.

Sound -

I LOVE the way it sounds. Just the way how I like it. Meisterschaft is WAY too loud. THe RPi is loud enough. I can't imagine how loud it will be with the RPi headers. Cold-start sounds amazing. On the highway 7th gear with the music on, it's not that bad. I honestly dont feel the droning as much as I thought it would be. Driving in local streets is definitely amazing. The sound bouncing off the buildings, the eyes on people's face, the way people turn their heads to see what car it is, it's crazy! I get more nice car comments than when it had NO exhaust. SOmehow, it also makes the car LOOK better.

Performance -

I can easily get second gear chirps and third gear chirps and I didn't even shift at redline. I can feel more torque down low. I've never seen the dyno graph of the exhaust but I feel more power from 3000 rpm all the way to redline. Even in P400, it feels a lot quicker and smoother! I LOVE IT! P500S is amazing. WIth P500S S6, it takes off like nothing. Driving it in full auto mode with D5, WOW! SCREEEEEECH, Chirp, Chirp, and I couldnt go further. This is a MOD I can feel. I can honestly feel no difference with the scoops since the power is so minimal but the exhaust, it's a MUST DO! Kevin Shezmon, u gotta get it. Oh wait, lemme be the only one in NYC with it. U can go with something else!

Install -

Install wasn't bad. The right side was lowered a bit to make it look more even. Otherwise, fits like stock. Welds and bends are excellent. Painted it matte black for a stealth look.

My gf can hear me from the 15th floor a block or two away. I try to ease on the throttle going home as not to annoy neighbors. Makes my car feel like a mini F1.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to update your sig
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

soon soon. when my front lip and rear diffuser is installed.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Members

wow nice.... will it benefit lesser e60s like my 525LCi? currently using supersprint...
Old 08-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
My gf can hear me from the 15th floor a block or two away. I try to ease on the throttle going home as not to annoy neighbors. Makes my car feel like a mini F1.
Now you can no longer sneak back to house from all your late night activities without getting notice.

Nice review.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
This is just a quick review. No video clips. Video clips on other threads.

Sound -

I LOVE the way it sounds. Just the way how I like it. Meisterschaft is WAY too loud. THe RPi is loud enough. I can't imagine how loud it will be with the RPi headers. Cold-start sounds amazing. On the highway 7th gear with the music on, it's not that bad. I honestly dont feel the droning as much as I thought it would be. Driving in local streets is definitely amazing. The sound bouncing off the buildings, the eyes on people's face, the way people turn their heads to see what car it is, it's crazy! I get more nice car comments than when it had NO exhaust. SOmehow, it also makes the car LOOK better.

Performance -

I can easily get second gear chirps and third gear chirps and I didn't even shift at redline. I can feel more torque down low. I've never seen the dyno graph of the exhaust but I feel more power from 3000 rpm all the way to redline. Even in P400, it feels a lot quicker and smoother! I LOVE IT! P500S is amazing. WIth P500S S6, it takes off like nothing. Driving it in full auto mode with D5, WOW! SCREEEEEECH, Chirp, Chirp, and I couldnt go further. This is a MOD I can feel. I can honestly feel no difference with the scoops since the power is so minimal but the exhaust, it's a MUST DO! Kevin Shezmon, u gotta get it. Oh wait, lemme be the only one in NYC with it. U can go with something else!

Install -

Install wasn't bad. The right side was lowered a bit to make it look more even. Otherwise, fits like stock. Welds and bends are excellent. Painted it matte black for a stealth look.

John, I'M SO JEALOUS MAN. Fuck!!! I want an M5 so bad. The jizzfest roar of that glorious V10, the sexy throttle blip when it downshifts. Everything about this car is pure sex. Enjoy the hell out one of the best damn cars on the PLANET. Hell, I'm just happy to have an E60 let alone one that looks sorta like an m5? heh ~
Old 08-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Howitzer
John, I'M SO JEALOUS MAN. Fuck!!! I want an M5 so bad. The jizzfest roar of that glorious V10, the sexy throttle blip when it downshifts. Everything about this car is pure sex. Enjoy the hell out one of the best damn cars on the PLANET.

Well said!!!
I really need an RPI FIX...
Old 08-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good stuff John

Originally Posted by Euronuts
Well said!!!
I really need an RPI FIX...
the exhaust for the 550 is in stock
Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Nice. Bet that thing is sick.

NerWeezy you guys should have an RPI shop in Miami!!! Haha...Lots of hot cars here...probably even more than in SoCal...hehe!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Contributors

the exhaust and headers make a big difference! Later on down the line, you might want to try the RPi/ESS SMG tune and RPI/ESS ECU tune. I still have it on my M5 and it's a beast. not as strong with the RPi exhaust but still fast nonetheless. Congrats on the, new to you, toy!

Quick Reply: Quick Review Of RPi Full GT Exhaust E60 M5