E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quick mod for a little more contrast/ aggressiveness

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

looks incredible, as always.
Iv'e always loved that matte color. time to change the sig; new wheels new signature?
have you ever thought about going for the gloss black kidneh grills, i think it would complement the gloss roof, and door pilars nicely.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Hey DD -

Sweet Ride.

Which rear bumper is that you have....Oem M5 or aftermarket ?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by pjinca
Damn JR, I like the new color, adds just the right amount of contrast. Nice Bro
Thanks

Originally Posted by motrhead
wheels do look good ,my o8 550 needs wheel refresh, what type of paint did you use , and I noticed your quad exhaust, what are you running and are you happy with the sound?
Over the counter Duplicolor Wheel spray. They make clear as well. My exhaust setup is made up of custom piping that begins at the cat and just splits into a "Y". It makes the typical V8 sound we all love. I like it. No drone and the sound mellows our above 3.5k RPM

Originally Posted by socale39
I'm so glad that you put these wheels on. When I first saw these wheels on the M5 my first thought was "I wonder how they would look on an E60". Personally I think they fit the E60 body styling just perfect and I might go as far as to say I like them more than the DPEs

I'd really like to see these on my sapphire black M5....hmmmmm
Hard for me to say. Both looks are great… I felt like the DPE's set me apart from a lot of the regular setups but also kept me from driving the car as it should be. This setup,cost less than 1 of those DPE's new. That said-- get em' they won't even dent your pock I bet.

Originally Posted by Bill109
looks incredible, as always.
Iv'e always loved that matte color. time to change the sig; new wheels new signature?
have you ever thought about going for the gloss black kidneh grills, i think it would complement the gloss roof, and door pilars nicely.
Gloss black no, but CF crossed my mind as it would have matched my splitter and hoot vents. Too much $$ to spend for me right now on a mod I don't care for. I literally just plastidipped my OEM grills and I'm perfectly fine with them. Maybe some day.

Originally Posted by sportzfan76
Hey DD -

Sweet Ride.

Which rear bumper is that you have....Oem M5 or aftermarket ?
Thanks man. It's OEM. With the exception of these wheels the only thing that's replica on the car is the mirrors. If I could find a good deal I may swap for OEM .

Last edited by devildawg712; 03-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Members

looks great bro... dont even look like they were spray painted
Old 03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Members

looks great..

is your car wrapped or painted?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

One word: "Winning"
Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i

I'm still be drooling over the DPE setup since I saw them that one day in person. The new setup is nice, a conservative "nice" haha!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by 04tl
looks great bro... dont even look like they were spray painted
Yea, Im really happy with the finished product. Patience is key. I almost thought about not sanding the wheels down cuz I'm lazy, but I said screw it and I put in the extra 5 minutes per wheel.

Originally Posted by Arctic-Rodz
looks great..

is your car wrapped or painted?
Paint

Originally Posted by leese8080
One word: "Winning"

Originally Posted by sbchris
I'm still be drooling over the DPE setup since I saw them that one day in person. The new setup is nice, a conservative "nice" haha!
Thanks man. Hope you found yourself a nice set.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Members

Love it man, its JUST that touch to complete the wheels. I felt that they were missing something before but man that looks great!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Your Magics are looking great as well man. I seriously considered running them again if I could run a box setup as I did with this. The front wheels just weren't cutting it for me in terms of concavity for the magics. Some cars like the A5 are able to run 10.5 all the way around for the Vertini Magics and it looks hard as hell. I tried to do the math regarding the offset and wheel dimensions and I don't think it woulda worked even though my fenders are rolled and pulled.
Thanks Bro, I do wish the Vertinis were more concave in front. They had the space, it looks like they could have easily shaved 20mm off the center and made them more concave. Still, I really like the way they look, even the chrome lip is growing on me

Quick Reply: Quick mod for a little more contrast/ aggressiveness