E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Questions, questions, question and need answers, answers, answers

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 2004 545i sport package and was wondering if I can swop the bumpers, side skirts and tail lights from a 2008 550i sport package? Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

ALL E60 Front bumpers are backward compatible but not forward compatible, if you receive an 08 bumper but have an 04-07 car, this is ok. You cannot however, fit an 04-07 bumper onto an 08-Present E60. I know the tail lights are also doable, i've seen a lot of members do this. not sure what is all involved or if they're just a straight swap. Don't know about sides...I'm sure more experienced members will chime in. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Members

Thanks for the insite. I know you can swop the tail lights for sure. you would just have to change the wire harness aswell. What I really want to know is can I just change the bumper covers to the 08 or do I have to change the entire bumper support. Sorry if i'm not using the correct termanoligies but I'm not to savvy when it comes to mechanical terms.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

im in the same boat as you. Im still trying to figure out all this body stuff. I cant tell you how many hours i've spent on the forums researching this isuue as to avoid purchasing something that doesnt fit. Here's another link tho that might be helpful. Like i said, there are a lot of members that know the ins and outs of this like the back of their hand so their advice will be best.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/119...-front-bumper/

Just keep searching around and you will def get many different perspectives on looks for our cars and how to make all this stuff fit. I've had my car for only 5 months and i'm already addicted and have caught the modding bug lol so many choices and decisions to make! have fun with it!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Members

My bad, i see you already posted on that thread lol