E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Question on Tint? Which One and who

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions on what Tint to use.. I will be facing the Dallas Heat soon.

1. Any suggestions on color to pick for a black (non jet black)
2. Level of Tint

What are some good experiences in Tint in Dallas area.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

In my experience, the best brand of window tint I have ever had was:

SunGard - Endurance line

It is SunGard's top of the line film, and comes in 32% or 15%.
It is a semi-refelctive, metallic film. It actually takes on some of the color of the car. Looks great.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

I have Huper Optik Ceramic tint at 30% on my Jet Black 545i. This is the second BMW with Huper Optik, and I have been very pleased with it. Here in AZ, the new ceramic tint really cuts down on the heat but without having very dark windows. Do a search in your area for Huper Optik installers for info. I paid about $675 for mine last year.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:40 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by jstchecking' date='Mar 3 2005, 06:09 PM
Any suggestions on what Tint to use.. I will be facing the Dallas Heat soon.

2. Level of Tint

Thanks in advance
[snapback]96823[/snapback]
I have had good experience with Claudio at Pro Tint at Preston and Summerside in Far North Dallas. He put the Huper Optik and a clear bra on for me the first week after delivery. The Huper Optik worked good in Dallas last year.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

If you have a dealer in your area that handles Huper Optik, go for it. I saw a story on line about the stuff and it's the absolute best. I still can't believe there's not a H.O. dealer in my area. Sacramento is flat out HOT in the summer.

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Mar 3 2005, 06:40 PM
[quote name='jstchecking' date='Mar 3 2005, 06:09 PM']Any suggestions on what Tint to use.. I will be facing the Dallas Heat soon.

2. Level of Tint

Thanks in advance
[snapback]96823[/snapback]
I have had good experience with Claudio at Pro Tint at Preston and Summerside in Far North Dallas. He put the Huper Optik and a clear bra on for me the first week after delivery. The Huper Optik worked good in Dallas last year.
[snapback]96839[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Members

I am planning on getting tints as well. Maybe this weekend if I have time, if not in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to ask what tint % I should ask to be put on my car. I want the tints to reduce heat in the car and also to provide a little bit of privacy. But I live in NJ where front door tints are illegal. And I go to NYC a lot and some cops there are strict about front door tints. So what is something I can use that will provide privacy, but not enough that cops would pull me over? Thanks a lot.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Huper Optik is not privacy tint, however. It is great tint if you live in one of those gayass states that have strict tint laws.

Here in FL we can basically get away with anything, so I have 20% all around.

The SunGard tint I mentioned is excellent for privacy, because it is semi-reflective. It has a slight mirror shine to it, depending on the angle of the sun.... but it doesn't look ghetto. It actually takes on the color of the car, like a chameleon. The look is the best I've ever seen with any tint. Very classy.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

subterFUSE, you live in winter park. My dad has a big office there.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Mar 4 2005, 11:58 AM
subterFUSE, you live in winter park. My dad has a big office there.
[snapback]97196[/snapback]
And I am a Rollins Alumnus.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

Originally Posted by Delta' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:17 PM
I am planning on getting tints as well.? Maybe this weekend if I have time, if not in a couple of weeks.? I just wanted to ask what tint % I should ask to be put on my car.? I want the tints to reduce heat in the car and also to provide a little bit of privacy.? But I live in NJ where front door tints are illegal.? And I go to NYC a lot and some cops there are strict about front door tints.? So what is something I can use that will provide privacy, but not enough that cops would pull me over? Thanks a lot.
[snapback]96888[/snapback]
I got the Huper Optik 40% and it is not too dark, as I would not consider it at all to be privacy level tinting. I would have went with the 30%, but I plan on moving to the Chicago area within the next few years, and I thought the 30% would be pushing my luck. As mentioned previously, it is supposed to cut down something like 80% of the heat over conventional tinting, which would be good for our comrad in Dallas. BTW, I paid $475 for my tint.

SveaRike

Quick Reply: Question on Tint? Which One and who