E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

question on e60 m aero kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

hey, so i have this e60 and i'm thinking about getting an m aero kit from my dealer. i've seen that some people have done this alread since there are threads regarding the pricing. i was wondering if the front of this kit will also accomidate my existing fog lights (or does it require new ones) and also the headlight washer too.

also, what's your opinion on the m aero kit. i like the front (clean, matches w/ the car.. dont really like the hamaan lip) and the side, but the rear peice, to me, is kinda iffy. i dont really care for all the circly things on the back, what are those (?), are they the pdc sensors (which i dont have :\ ).

anyway.. if you have this kit on, please post some pics of it here too .

thanks.

(timeframe for this kit would be during next dealer visit.. i bought my e60 new about a month ago and have over 2k miles.. when am i supposed to bring it in for service.. 15k mi?)
Old 10-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tiptronic' date='Oct 9 2005, 08:45 PM
hey, so i have this e60 and i'm thinking about getting an m aero kit from my dealer. i've seen that some people have done this alread since there are threads regarding the pricing. i was wondering if the front of this kit will also accomidate my existing fog lights (or does it require new ones) and also the headlight washer too.

also, what's your opinion on the m aero kit. i like the front (clean, matches w/ the car.. dont really like the hamaan lip) and the side, but the rear peice, to me, is kinda iffy. i dont really care for all the circly things on the back, what are those (?), are they the pdc sensors (which i dont have :\ ).

thanks.

(timeframe for this kit would be during next dealer visit.. i bought my e60 new about a month ago and have over 2k miles.. when am i supposed to bring it in for service.. 15k mi?)
[snapback]181958[/snapback]

-The M-Kit includes a set of new foglights....that's a good thing because the mounting holes of the old ones will not work with the M front bumper.

-The headlight washers remain as they are, however, the M bumper comes with it's own covers/caps since the shape of the cutout is different.....again it's included with the kit.

-If you don't have PDC then you should make sure they order the kit without the PDC holes. I have PDC and love the "circly" things on the back (and front)

I think it is the best looking kit for the E60, it looks aggressive and elegent at the same time and the quality of the parts is the same as your original bumpers. It also costs much less than any aftermarket kits.

One more thing, don't even think about putting the kit on without the M rear bumper . The M rear looks much more aggressive than the original bumper and most people who have had reservations about the M rear bumper from looking at pictures have changed their minds after seeing it in person......Of coarse, there are some exceptions (EBMCS03), but I recommmend not listening to them

Here's the link to my pictures: >>>>>Pictures of M-Kit<<<<<
Old 10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tiptronic' date='Oct 10 2005, 11:45 AM

thanks.

if you get the complete M-aero kit set, it will come with its own fog light housing complete with new fog lights as well. The original fog light wouln't fit.
The washer unit is fixed to the front carriage not on the bumper. What is on the bumper is just the retracteable window. so no worries there!
I first didn't like the M-aero kit rear but decided to go with it to complete the aerodynamic flow. I would regret if i had kep the original rear bumper.
If you have PDC, you need to ensure you order the kit with PDC option ie. with PDC holes right off the shoot.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Looking at the pics, I agree that the M-kit is very nice indeed. But in my opinion, like all bodykits, I think once a kit has been pput on, one would need to change the rims too, don't u think the 18" rims look even smaller and out of place with those kits?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

thanks all..

rodybmw, those are some great pics!! it also sounds like you installed the kit yourself, is that the case? if so, was it difficult / what tools did you need / how long was the process / did you have any previous experience / did the dealer pre-paint it for you (& how much was that?)? i know.. too many questions!

as for the rims... i have 18" Style 71 Rims (which were from the dealer as well), i have a 530i with the sport pkg/suspension. I hope there wont be a increase in wheel gap w/ the new kit

thanks again, this does look like the kit for me.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

[quote name='tiptronic' date='Oct 10 2005, 04:45 AM']

thanks.

Heres my Silver Grey 535 sport, rear spoilers are ACS

Attachment 11270

Attachment 11271

Attachment 11272
Old 10-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

[quote name='tiptronic' date='Oct 10 2005, 04:45 AM']

thanks.

Oops fat fingers posted twice....sorry
Attached Thumbnails question on e60 m aero kit-front.jpg   question on e60 m aero kit-p1000662.jpg   question on e60 m aero kit-p1000669.jpg   question on e60 m aero kit-p1000669.jpg  
Old 10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Members

Is the ground clearance on the front identical to the standard front? I love the
kit, I'd hate to buy it and have problems with it rubbing curbs (I don't have
this issue with the standard front today).
Old 10-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by doctorj' date='Oct 10 2005, 08:02 PM
Is the ground clearance on the front identical to the standard front? I love the
kit, I'd hate to buy it and have problems with it rubbing curbs (I don't have
this issue with the standard front today).
[snapback]182269[/snapback]

Slightly lower than the standard SE front end..the PDC helps with the kerbs...no problems here
Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Do I need to cut the bumper to install the kit? Or is it just add on? Or does the kit include the whole bumper? I wonder if I can have the kit removed and put the original kit back on when I want to sell my car in the future. Then I can sell the kit seperately.

Quick Reply: question on e60 m aero kit