E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quad Exhaust with X-Pipe on 08 550i---Best Option Other than RD Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Is that dual exhaust as in quad tip setup? Or the dual tip single muffler? I like the sound regardless. Much deeper, yet very tame. Go buy it now SoCalM5Mustang!

BTW, are the resonators still on?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='502637' date='Dec 4 2007, 02:09 PM
Is that dual exhaust as in quad tip setup? Or the dual tip single muffler? I like the sound regardless. Much deeper, yet very tame. Go buy it now SoCalM5Mustang!

BTW, are the resonators still on?
Dual Tip One Sided Exhaust Single Muffler for Remus. Same one in the thread from AIB right now.

I have no idea if the Resonators are deleted. Ask Matt from Remus.

So Cal
Old 12-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Hey Socal, I'm pretty sure that the 08 550 and the 650s have a completely different muffler and exhaust note so I'm still pursuing an aftermarket custom solution that sounds like the 650 . The 650 is deeper and louder .... anyone here agree or differ ??

Thanks again
Old 12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Our sound clips are always with our muffler only, everything else is stock.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='502690' date='Dec 4 2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Socal, I'm pretty sure that the 08 550 and the 650s have a completely different muffler and exhaust note so I'm still pursuing an aftermarket custom solution that sounds like the 650 . The 650 is deeper and louder .... anyone here agree or differ ??

Thanks again
Sup Westcoast.

I've scoured the site and I believe this is the best solution for Quad and not spending 3k+.

This solution cost's less than $1500 "All In" with parts and labor. EuroRev will also custom the M-Tech Bumper for less than $300.

This post is from Newbiebimmer.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...haust&st=30

"Ok, with everyone's help here, special thanks to RemusExhaustShop and especially Rodybmw I got he Remus Quad installed on my 550!!!

I went to Vincent from EuroRev and he installed the Remus for the 530, onto the 550. It wasn't as big of a deal as we made it. It was a simple clamp.

I also went with the Hamann Diffuse, and I can just tell you it looks SWEET!

As for sound, there is definitely NO droning at all. Not at highway cruising or around town. It does sound amazing at startup and when you get on the gas. Rody got a quick ride in it and can comment.

I love driving with my windows down now just to hear it I would say it added about 30% sound to the exhaust at idle and normal driving. And about double when you stomp on the gas.

Admittadly it is just a tad quiet for me, I want it just a bit louder but I'm waiting for the muffler to fully break it as I've been told it gets louder as the muffler breaks in. Rody started this thread for me http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=47221&hl=

I definitely don't want any droning, and it's a tough choice here. I can still do business calls in the car with the windows up, on the freeway, around town etc and in cabin sound only increased maybe 10%, pretty un noticeable. My wife hasn't commented so that's good No one on the phone can tell I have a louder exhaust.

But on the other hand, I just want it to sound like a beast sometimes when I pull up to a light... Maybe another 25% increase in sound would be nice.

It's nice and deep btw, not raspy at all. Definitely a nice growl..

Overall Vincent at Eurorev was awesome, and I definitely recommend the Remus sound for a deeper exhaust note.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='502522' date='Dec 4 2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Guys!

I've been searching these forums for a 3 weeks now. There is a lot of info to digest on going Quad with custom set-ups versus Dual bolt ons. I'm extremely grateful to everybody here who has responded to my questions.

I've debated doing an upgrade on my currrent Dual stock system with either:

(Remus $800(P&I) or AC Schnitzer $1400(P&I) but am now contemplating going quad because it definitely looks more agressive and balanced.

My biggest concerns as many of you know is a distinct Euro Growl(minimal droning and resonance) and most importantly minimal to no loss of Torque.

I don't want to pay $3k+ for a RD Sport/Hamaan/et al Quad.

I'd like to keep my budget at $2k(or significantly under)and get a custom and high quality Quad Exhaust, with 2 Mufflers and an X-Pipe.

What do you guys think is the best option?

I understand it's very hard to customize a Quad set up on a 550 due to the Battery compartment. If you think it's not worth gerry rigging piping and a muffler for cosmetic reasons, tell me and I'll just improve with a Dual as quoted above.

I'm looking for BEST OPTION Quad solutions guys.

From speaking with Roddy and Newbie Bimmer, the Remus Quad for the 530 "might" be an option fitting my parameters.

Thoughts?

So Cal
This is great work So Cal !! I'll review this in more detail tomorrow .

Thanks again !!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='502816' date='Dec 4 2007, 09:50 PM
Sup Westcoast.

I've scoured the site and I believe this is the best solution for Quad and not spending 3k+.

This solution cost's less than $1500 "All In" with parts and labor. EuroRev will also custom the M-Tech Bumper for less than $300.

This post is from Newbiebimmer.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...haust&st=30

"Ok, with everyone's help here, special thanks to RemusExhaustShop and especially Rodybmw I got he Remus Quad installed on my 550!!!

I went to Vincent from EuroRev and he installed the Remus for the 530, onto the 550. It wasn't as big of a deal as we made it. It was a simple clamp.

I also went with the Hamann Diffuse, and I can just tell you it looks SWEET!

As for sound, there is definitely NO droning at all. Not at highway cruising or around town. It does sound amazing at startup and when you get on the gas. Rody got a quick ride in it and can comment.

I love driving with my windows down now just to hear it I would say it added about 30% sound to the exhaust at idle and normal driving. And about double when you stomp on the gas.

Admittadly it is just a tad quiet for me, I want it just a bit louder but I'm waiting for the muffler to fully break it as I've been told it gets louder as the muffler breaks in. Rody started this thread for me http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=47221&hl=

I definitely don't want any droning, and it's a tough choice here. I can still do business calls in the car with the windows up, on the freeway, around town etc and in cabin sound only increased maybe 10%, pretty un noticeable. My wife hasn't commented so that's good No one on the phone can tell I have a louder exhaust.

But on the other hand, I just want it to sound like a beast sometimes when I pull up to a light... Maybe another 25% increase in sound would be nice.

It's nice and deep btw, not raspy at all. Definitely a nice growl..

Overall Vincent at Eurorev was awesome, and I definitely recommend the Remus sound for a deeper exhaust note.
Thats sick that your happy with the setup! lol, but didn't you say you wanted the exhaust to be quiet... Now you want them to be loud?..... Welcome to the dakside ..... I have had my custom setup for a week and am eliminating the borla mufflers for glass packs straight from the cats this weekend
Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='503579' date='Dec 6 2007, 12:55 PM
Thats sick that your happy with the setup! lol, but didn't you say you wanted the exhaust to be quiet... Now you want them to be loud?..... Welcome to the dakside ..... I have had my custom setup for a week and am eliminating the borla mufflers for glass packs straight from the cats this weekend

That will be loud!!! What type of borla mufflers do you have?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='503589' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:08 AM
That will be loud!!! What type of borla mufflers do you have?
They are two Borla Turbo mufflers which were turned vertically. I am getting the glass packs for two reasons. One, I cant deal with the look of the vertical mufflers lol it just looks weird. I didn't realize how well they would show up from behind. Second, they could be a tad louder I don't know what I am getting myself into lol. Do you think the glass packs will muffle the sound at all?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='503593' date='Dec 6 2007, 01:22 PM
They are two Borla Turbo mufflers which were turned vertically. I am getting the glass packs for two reasons. One, I cant deal with the look of the vertical mufflers lol it just looks weird. I didn't realize how well they would show up from behind. Second, they could be a tad louder I don't know what I am getting myself into lol. Do you think the glass packs will muffle the sound at all?
Seriously, glasspacks are the last think you want when it comes to muffling the sound, but they are great if you don't want to see mufflers. Sound is relative, but droning/resonance is just that. You'll have resonance with glasspacks (or 4" round mufflers like me), and it'll be loud between 1500-2100 rpm. Anything above that, the sound is mildly tamed but not like stock.

I hate to rob this thread, so start another quad exhaust topic, and I'll chime in with more details.