E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quad Exhaust where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 bmw 530 black on black blacked out headlights and tail lights

what kind of exhaust should i buy

looking to buy a quad exahust,

am from yuba city,ca close to sacramento if anyone know a good shop around here that can install this for me,
Old 03-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i, Full M-Tech kit, CF Hamann front lip, M5 trunk lid, 20" iForged swift, LCI Tail Lights, Remus Quad Exhaust.

Yeah. I'm in the same boat as you. Still in the process of putting money away and researching, but Theres a thread about the new pre-order for Quads from Remus in the classifieds. They look pretty nice but im not sure about how the sound is going to be.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530SOunds' post='551315
Yeah. I'm in the same boat as you. Still in the process of putting money away and researching, but Theres a thread about the new pre-order for Quads from Remus in the classifieds. They look pretty nice but im not sure about how the sound is going to be.
Here you guys go:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=r1racer

Take these photo's and tell them you want something like this. Any exhaust shop you go to will be around 750-800. If you want it loud then delete the resonators as shown in the pictures, but if you like it quite then leave the resonators in. Let me know if you need more detailed photos. The left muffler is the 14" Magnaflow muffler and the right one is the skinny Magnaflow muffler.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530SOunds' post='551315' date='Mar 26 2008, 05:34 PM

am from yuba city,ca close to sacramento if anyone know a good shop around here that can install this for me,

HI;

We are somewhat close I live in Nevada City. I am in the process for going to Quad exhaust on the 530 also. Becuase of the dollar collapse against the Euro I gave up on any of the European quad exhaust system and rolled my own. It's not done yet as I am waiting on my M5 rear bumper cover, from Tony, to install the system. It replaces the center 2 in single "pre-muffler" with a magnaflow 2 in 2 out straight through muffler followed by a pair of resonators (to stop droning) then the quad tips. It all fits nicely within the space allowed. If you want to go this way send me a PM and I can send pictures and part number when done.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530 black on black blacked out headlights and tail lights

Originally Posted by wellison' post='552054' date='Mar 27 2008, 10:01 PM
HI;

We are somewhat close I live in Nevada City. I am in the process for going to Quad exhaust on the 530 also. Becuase of the dollar collapse against the Euro I gave up on any of the European quad exhaust system and rolled my own. It's not done yet as I am waiting on my M5 rear bumper cover, from Tony, to install the system. It replaces the center 2 in single "pre-muffler" with a magnaflow 2 in 2 out straight through muffler followed by a pair of resonators (to stop droning) then the quad tips. It all fits nicely within the space allowed. If you want to go this way send me a PM and I can send pictures and part number when done.

thanks for everyones input, i am still waiting on my body kit to come in from tony, more then 4 months now,

hey send me some pictures, and part numbers

how much did it cost
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

There's a great exhaust shop in Dublin, CA (Tri-Valley Muffers) and here's a possible purchasing option: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=50118

Originally Posted by 530SOunds' post='551315' date='Mar 26 2008, 05:34 PM

Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Members

My Ride: * 2010 BMW 528i M Sport * 2010 BMW X5 M Blue * 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Silver Gray * 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Black Sapphire, Auburn Dakota Leather. * 2006 530I Monaco Blue / Grey, M-Tech Front and M5 rear bumper and side skirts. M5 lip spoiler. M5 166M wheels.

Hello, I am in similar situation...Waiting on M-tech body with M5 bumper from Tony / quad_m...I hope still have the car till receive it....I have 2006 530i. I was told that the M5 bumper will fit to my 530 without need to perform any modification to my original exhaust system. Recently somebody posted on the forum that conversion to M5 rear bumper is not strength forward and there is a need to cut the exhaust tips in order to fit the 5M bumper, if not it will melt the diffuser. I am getting confused. I might go to my local BMW dealer and take some measurements on critical dimension to verify compatibility. I don't want to make any major modification on my exhaust system because that might void my warranty. My plan was to upfrade my existing exhaust tips to M5 look and install / fake none functional same M5 look tips on the right hand side of the diffusor. I didn't want to go with M-tech rear bumper. It looks to me very uncomplete and defits the purpose of the M5 look upgrade. I can't understand how come BMW still usses single exhaust sytems on 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles.
Please e-mail some photos and advice on fitment. Your impute is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted by wellison' post='552054' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:01 PM
HI;

Old 04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vessval' post='552937' date='Mar 29 2008, 08:14 PM
Hello, I am in similar situation...Waiting on M-tech body with M5 bumper from Tony / quad_m...I hope still have the car till receive it....I have 2006 530i. I was told that the M5 bumper will fit to my 530 without need to perform any modification to my original exhaust system. Recently somebody posted on the forum that conversion to M5 rear bumper is not strength forward and there is a need to cut the exhaust tips in order to fit the 5M bumper, if not it will melt the diffuser. I am getting confused. I might go to my local BMW dealer and take some measurements on critical dimension to verify compatibility. I don't want to make any major modification on my exhaust system because that might void my warranty. My plan was to upfrade my existing exhaust tips to M5 look and install / fake none functional same M5 look tips on the right hand side of the diffusor. I didn't want to go with M-tech rear bumper. It looks to me very uncomplete and defits the purpose of the M5 look upgrade. I can't understand how come BMW still usses single exhaust sytems on 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles.
Please e-mail some photos and advice on fitment. Your impute is greatly appreciated. Thanks

======================

I am doing it right now, and NO the M5 rear bumper WILL NOT fit the stock BMW 530i exhaust. I purchased the rear M5 e60 bumper and the REMUS Quad set up to fit the e60 530i that I purchased from Bavarian Autosport for 899.99 + 25.00 S&H, and right now the tips will but WILL NOT fit the BMW OEM e60 M5 bumper,, yet, but will need require minor modifications and then it should work and look e60 M5 rear bumper good.

R. Eddie Presley