E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quad exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 13 2005, 06:00 AM
I still don't get it .. i'm sorry?

Maybe a picture may help but the other time when i cut the right side of the apron the bodyshop did a pretty gd job for me.

Maybe Choi001 (I can't really rem his username but he has the quad exhaust on his car too) is able to help you.. Good luck?
[snapback]100868[/snapback]

The cut out for the exhaust will not look the same as the one on the left because of the way the bumper is made. If you really want to do it you should look into replacing the rear bumper with the M5 rear bumper (not the m-tech bumper which only has a cut out for the left exhaust). However, I don't know when the M5 bumper will be available and if the quad exhaust you're getting will actually fit exactly like the M5 stock exhaust.

Maybe you could find a body shop that can mold the pieces onto the rear apron so it looks like the cut out on the left. But I don't know how cost effective that will be. As for the sound of the exhaust. The Eisennman sounds nice and throaty. I even took out the resonators so it'll be even deeper with a more rumbly sound to it.

And your dealer is half right. Having an aftermarket exhaust is not better than having a stock exhaust when re-selling the car. Most buyers wouldn't want to buy a car that they know have aftermarket mods because they'll think that the car has beeen driven hard. When I do sell my car, I would re-install the stock parts back onto the car and then sell it. Hope I was of some help
Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

Done on my 545i
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by BigartK' post='100856' date='Mar 13 2005, 01:16 PM
I am considering installation of a quad system but hope that guys who have done so can answer the following:

1. When cutting the lower right rear apron to match the existing left side, can they add the turned-in lip to the apron so that both sides are alike?

2. Can anyone recommend a shop in New Jersey that has expertise at this?

3. I want a low pitched rumbling sound; am not anxious to be heard a mile away. What?s good?

4. And lastly: My dealer says that even though I will have put additional cost in the car via an exhaust mod, the ultimate resale value will be decreased because used car buyers associate the mod with brutal driving habits. He says the same thing about aftermarket wheels. Any opinions?

Many thanks,
Art
Hi Art, partially agree:

so you can do all with fiber glass or carbon and then you got ur quads

You dealer :thumbsdown: my car is now 5th month new and worth more as HM parts are not cheap...

Normally if you have branded aftermarket wheel and mods, it worth same or more... depends on many things.

Secondly you also have to find somebody who is mad about moded E60 he will pay you a fortune, that is true at least in Germany. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

Are the quad exhausts offered by Eisenmann and Hamann a true dual muffler system or is the right side just a dummy? The eisenmann exhaust I looked up just shows one normal muffler on the left side and a dummy one on the right yet the price of the dual exhaust is just about double that of the single. I think that is a total rip off but I still love the look.

I have a muffler guy and can do custom jobs and i was thinking about buying a used B&B exhaust and hacking off the tips so I could have him custom make a dummy exhaust for my right side. Too bad B&B won't sell just their tips. Are there any systems that actually incorporate two mufflers or is there no way of squeezing one in because of the lack of space underneath the rights side of the car?

David
Old 02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

I have asked both (not dealers) and yes both are workin no matter if petrol or diesel.

I have always heared they're dummies, but seems it is not true, will find out this year
Old 02-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

The Hamann and Eisenmann are functional on both sides - but NOT true duals.

Both of them wrap a pipe from the primary muffler (on the left side) to the right side. The Hamann has a small silencer on the right, the Eisenmann has a plate behind the tips that make it look like a muffler.

The only true Dual exhaust conversion is the RDS - which is nice. You can install it with or without the X-flow pipe which would remove the second box resonator. The right side silencer is rotated 90 degrees to fit up in the small slot next to the spare tire (remove cover plate and you will see it). The system fits nice as I tested it, and the cutout on the right where the tips come out is symetric with the stock cutout.

I was going to install this system as it is a true dual. However, I did not want the sound. The silencers are straight through and although I believe it is quieter than the B&B, it believe it would still be louder than I wanted.

The tips are 3.5" and will still fit in the stock cutout (barely). Stock tips and Hamann are 3".