E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

prototype sketches of aero kit for e60

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: It's an E60 545I 6 speed.

I'd like the second one more if the middle was wider across, and the top to bottom of the "mouth" wasn't so large...
Old 03-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

those openings should be a little less pronounced if you ask me. maybe the openings shouldn't exceed the height (top to bottom) of the factory grills. it already looks fairly similar to the stock bumper (just like mine but waaayyy wider ) with the middle bar going all the way accross it, if you know what i mean. try altering without the bar? keep pluggin' away, you're almost there....

good luck
Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)
Unhappy

OOOOOOPS - good thing I posted these sketches LOL a mold would've been so pointless.

People, Thanks for all the inputs! The reason I put it out here is to get your opinions - obviously, if it sucks, I wanna know about it!

I will toil away at this and make it look right. Of course, these are "ricey" and I did see the Audi cues in it, which I personally think are out of place on this car as well. I think I jumped the gun a bit on the post - should've given it more refinement. I just got so excited about finding the shop that agreed to produce it, that I simply wanted to fast-track the process. And I don't regret it either - at least now I know that I have to give it more (which, again, I don't mind doing at all).

Please, don't be afraid to bash this - I'm a big boy, I wanna know the negatives even more than the positives, because I am obviously too far from even a prototype mold at this point. But I have a few more tricks up my sleeve and all of your constructive inputs will help.

So really, I only have thanks to offer and encourage as many people as possible to continue criticising the design

Specifically (I won't post everyone's posts and answers, bc some posts echo each other, so here's just a couple of things that I will be working to change - feel free to add suggestions to this list!!!):

1. "Big mouth" - in trying not to make it look like the m-tech, I've gone overboard - but as much as I love the way m-tech looks, I want this kit to have a distinct look of its own.

2. The fogs: I am planning on manufacturing custom led "strips" (like the newer Audis in concept, but not design) - on these sketches I've just tried to define the general direction of the bumper. I take it, this direction (big mouth bass, as someone said ) is not what I should be doing. I have a few more ideas, so if you don't mind judging, I'll keep posting as time goes by!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

If it helps, I like the second picture and LED fogs sounds like a good idea. Frankly the SE car needs a lot of help in looks department. The mtech is a good compromise but I sense you want to be in a totally unique and wicked looking E60. You are on the right track. I would give you a .

cheers
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I think it is a bit too extreme for the car and has too much of a "kit" feel.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Contributors

I've seen worse. It's not entirely bad.

+1 for the creativity though.