E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

project sinister has begun!!!! build thread content

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, always been a fan of build threads and about 3 weeks ago I saw the reflection of my car when I was arriving at the office and then suddenly I got this idea and everything was so clear. I just knew I had to exploit the potential of my e60 and that I shouldn't procrastinate any longer.
all of the sudden I found myself searching the web all night looking for pics and videos, you know how it goes, then I asked myself, why not share this passion and love for my car with my fellow members at e60.net? and that's how this thread was born. knowing how I am, I knew I had to put a deadline so this project WILL be ready within a year and Ill keep updating this thread on a regular basis so you can give your opinion and I can assure you that it will matter as I will take your ideas into consideration.
project sinister has begun!!!! build thread content-la-foto.jpg
ok, now on to the project! this is the reflection I saw and although I know is nothing out of the ordinary it was enough to make me realize two things: 1) how cool this car would look being all black with just those yellow angel eyes and 2) it looks wider in the reflection and I really like that look so my car has to be wider which means that m5 fenders are a must.
I don't want to spoil the whole project so Ill be posting pics of the the work done on the car and pics of the parts that I buy once they arrive so you can track how everything goes.
here are some pics of the car now:

Last edited by nemex12; 10-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

cool! good luck with the build our e60's has a lot of potential, you just have to know what you want to do with it keep us posted and post pics as you go...
just one advice, don't give yourself to long of a deadline coz then you will slack on modding your car, always good to have a shorter deadline in my opinion
here is the link to my build thread:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/121...squad-collabo/
Old 05-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jg525i
cool! good luck with the build our e60's has a lot of potential, you just have to know what you want to do with it keep us posted and post pics as you go...
just one advice, don't give yourself to long of a deadline coz then you will slack on modding your car, always good to have a shorter deadline in my opinion
wow!!! interesting I caught your attention as I was looking at your project and I gotta confess that your build thread inspired me to make one as well. thank you mate, I really admire all the work you've put into your car, please subscribe as your opinion will be very helpful and greatly appreciated
some pics of the parts I have pending to be installed:

I really have to give big thumbs up to nerweezy for his outstanding customer service and great knowledge, got the springs in time mate

my dog that loves cameras more than he loves food

Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Are those OEM wheels or replica's?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

^^^ i'd go coils if i were you sir, i went the same route before and after a week on springs i changed to coils, just my opinion
Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

awesome! i love to see new build threads. good luck!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by b00sted415
Are those OEM wheels or replica's?
oem m166s

Originally Posted by jg525i
^^^ i'd go coils if i were you sir, i went the same route before and after a week on springs i changed to coils, just my opinion
I thought of em but those coils are pretty expensive so decided to invest the money on bodyparts and try H&R for the time being, hopefully when everything else is done Ill buy some decent coils

well guys I need help, done some out of the box thinking and as I am installing an mtech bodykit Ill be painting almost half of the car, if we add fenders (Im buying m5 ones), hood and 2 doors (ugly dings and chips) to the mix, Im already painting the whole car minus a couple panels so why not picking a very special color and walk the extra mile?
still weighting pros vs cons but if I decide to go this way theres something sure, it has to be black!!!
these are the options I thought of:
1) Azurite black: I think most of you are probably familiarized with this individual color but for those who dont, its a very dark blue that looks black most of the time but under direct lighting you can see very deep and rich blue hues.
these videos were taken by a Canadian friend who was kind enough to try to capture the blue hues on his individual m3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEndssL2NCU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XMuxRkvy9k
Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Members

bmw individual azurite commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPCgCl72p0
2) Jerez black: this is one of the standard colors on the e90/92/93 m3, it has some of the characteristics of azurite but I think its blacker and it may be very original on my e60 as it was only offered on m3s (and Ive seen more than a couple of azurite e60s on the net made trough the individual program). one think I like about this color is that according to some m3post members it looks like jet black most of the time but under direct sunlight looks purple or dark blue, but 99% of the time is jet black which serves my sinister theme. although it may be easily confused with carbon black which isnt as exclusive as every e60 with sport package was allowed to have it
a video made by a dealer that I found pretty cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPoLQX5mtqc

all thoughts are welcome, should I paint it a different color? which one? thanks guys
Old 05-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by nemex12
oem m166s

Nice that's the route I'm going for I'm tired of these 20" wheels
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

There are 2 standard colors that is black and looks blue in the sun:
Carbon Black Metallic
Monaco Blue (I think)

If I was going to repaint the whole car I would go with something more unique, like the Interlagos BLue or Indianapolis Red of the M5, MUCH rarer colors and they look HAWT!!!!!

Quick Reply: project sinister has begun!!!! build thread content