E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Professional Navigation Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M6 F06
Model Year: 2013

I know many members from our forum have succesfully retrofited their Professional Navigation system, so i decided to proceed with this mod too.

I bought my Professional Navigation system from ebay ( CCC module is built 04/2004 as well as my CID 8.8 monitor ). After the installation, the board monitor switches on (writing BMW ) for a few seconds and then restarts. There is no light on the CCC module. The current progman version of my car was 5 something. We updated it to version 20 but still have the same problem. When i proceed to the retrofit through progman says that i should replace CID, CCC and that there is a problem with my GW.

What do you think will be the problem? The VIN that already exists in the used CCC module or a newer version of the update software will solve the problem?

Please help!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d '04

Hi,
l
If You retrofited Navi Pro according all instruction (change I-drive controller to high version, install additional microphones for voice commands, provide new cable from CAN (only for cars till 2004 09), new wiring for fan), - I think Yours CCC is crashed.
Did You perform retrofit used EBA instruction?
What did You mean : "The current progman version of my car was 5 something. We updated it to version 20 but still have the same problem." How You updated from v5 to v20? By SSS and old Navi Business with M-ASK?Update was perfomed by BMW dealer?

Arthur

P.S. I have already retrofited Navi form Business to Pro sucsefully. Answer to my question - maybe I can help You.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Arta' post='535332' date='Feb 24 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi,
l
If You retrofited Navi Pro according all instruction (change I-drive controller to high version, install additional microphones for voice commands, provide new cable from CAN (only for cars till 2004 09), new wiring for fan), - I think Yours CCC is crashed.
Did You perform retrofit used EBA instruction?
What did You mean : "The current progman version of my car was 5 something. We updated it to version 20 but still have the same problem." How You updated from v5 to v20? By SSS and old Navi Business with M-ASK?Update was perfomed by BMW dealer?

Arthur

P.S. I have already retrofited Navi form Business to Pro sucsefully. Answer to my question - maybe I can help You.
Hi there

Thanks a lot Arthur for your quick reply.
I followed the instructions step by step and i did changed everything as stated in the instruction manual. My car is built 12/2004, so there was no need to install new cable from CAN. Furthermore new cables were used for the retrofit as well as new I-drive controller high version, microphone, antena, fun etc.

I have two CCC modules. One built 04/2004 and the other one built 2006. The first one restarts all the time as said earlier, but the second one doesnt do anything. My car has never been updated, so the current software version of the car was build 2003 version 5.4 i think and was updated by the dealer to version 20 with M-ASK.

Hope that helps
Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Members

Can You write the part number of both CCC and CID?

My long story of retrofiting:

In the middle of June I did upgrade from Business to Pro Navi. It is working mp3 and navigation.
But it seems, what CCC was from RSA (Respublic of South Africa), because in navigation
memory were inputed towns as Pretoria or Capetown. And there was the problems
with automatic climat control - it doesnt work after upgrade. It blows to the leg only and
threw the I-drive I cant to regulate it. I think such problem exist, because in RSA is left
side traffic and now driver is sitting on the pasanger seat. I hope SSS will fix this problem.
I went to dealer for CIP (progman) upgrade. And he can't upgrade, because SSS write: change CCC form existing part number 65836967248 to 65839133773.
In my opinion, main problem
was, that CID was china version and CCC from RSA (africian).
So I fited back my navi business again. After six month, I find some time to do retrofit again.
As I wrote, dealer couldnot to do upgrade for retrofited navi pro (SSS ask to replace CCC).
My friend has some guys in one service 200km away from my city (it is only one service in Lithuania, which has non dealer SSS, suported by russian guys), and mechanics
done this job. It take more than month. They tried different ways, many donors CCC and finally got solution, how to do upgrade. Also they install to my E60 video modul.
Now I have TV too. Then I went to them, there was SSS conected live, and I saw, that all
modules are ok, all test passed. Now I am enjoying my navi pro and tv.

Arthur
Old 02-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Arta' post='535369' date='Feb 24 2008, 07:32 PM
Can You write the part number of both CCC and CID?

My long story of retrofiting:

In the middle of June I did upgrade from Business to Pro Navi. It is working mp3 and navigation.
But it seems, what CCC was from RSA (Respublic of South Africa), because in navigation
memory were inputed towns as Pretoria or Capetown. And there was the problems
with automatic climat control - it doesnt work after upgrade. It blows to the leg only and
threw the I-drive I cant to regulate it. I think such problem exist, because in RSA is left
side traffic and now driver is sitting on the pasanger seat. I hope SSS will fix this problem.
I went to dealer for CIP (progman) upgrade. And he can't upgrade, because SSS write: change CCC form existing part number 65836967248 to 65839133773.
In my opinion, main problem
was, that CID was china version and CCC from RSA (africian).
So I fited back my navi business again. After six month, I find some time to do retrofit again.
As I wrote, dealer couldnot to do upgrade for retrofited navi pro (SSS ask to replace CCC).
My friend has some guys in one service 200km away from my city (it is only one service in Lithuania, which has non dealer SSS, suported by russian guys), and mechanics
done this job. It take more than month. They tried different ways, many donors CCC and finally got solution, how to do upgrade. Also they install to my E60 video modul.
Now I have TV too. Then I went to them, there was SSS conected live, and I saw, that all
modules are ok, all test passed. Now I am enjoying my navi pro and tv.

Arthur
Arthur i am glad that everything worked out fantastic for you. Here are the part numbers:

6583 6 949 171 CCC module 04/2004 built
6583 9 117 560 CCC module 04/2006 built
65.82-6 945 660 Board monitor
Old 02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Members

SSS is very strange thing. Your CID is exactly the same part number as mine - it is China version. (mechanics said, that they dont flash new part number for mine CID - I will ask him again tomorow).
But in my case SSS dont ask to retrofit CID. I tried various CCC, but always SSS passed test for CID.
SSS only asked to change CCC.

I think, Your's both CCC has defects. Maybe You can try change some parts in CCC: for
example from second CCC take CCC-BO and CCC-GT parts, and replace in the first CCC.

Your must fix CCC (there will not work all functions, but You must see I-drive menu and navigate threw it)
After this, we can talk about progman upgrade.

Arthur
Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Arta' post='535407' date='Feb 24 2008, 08:55 PM
SSS is very strange thing. Your CID is exactly the same part number as mine - it is China version. (mechanics said, that they dont flash new part number for mine CID - I will ask him again tomorow).
But in my case SSS dont ask to retrofit CID. I tried various CCC, but always SSS passed test for CID.
SSS only asked to change CCC.

I think, Your's both CCC has defects. Maybe You can try change some parts in CCC: for
example from second CCC take CCC-BO and CCC-GT parts, and replace in the first CCC.

Your must fix CCC (there will not work all functions, but You must see I-drive menu and navigate threw it)
After this, we can talk about progman upgrade.

Arthur
Thanks a lot for the info. Instead of doing that, is there any way that i can check if the CCC is defect? By the way BO, GT, CCC, CID progman says that didnt pass the check.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Members

In russian forums I read such story: In Vladivostok (city of Russia in East near Japan) are many cars from Japan. One guy has
e60 with CCC, but japan version. He tried to do progman (forced) upgrade with europe region SSS, but his CCC died. CID shows only BMW letters.
In my case: I have CCC africian version. After trying to do forced upgrade with European region, CCC died. CID shows only BMW again. My gyus
change one CCC part (CCC-BO or CCC-GT, I dont know exactly now).
So I think, this BMW logo shows startup bios, but other pats (or one part) are not functioned.

Will keep to change CCC parts. Maybe Your newer CCC has no contacts or other simple defects.

Arthur
Old 02-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

I will tell my BMW technician to do that. Hope he will do it
Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Members

Good luck and keep posting. Early or later You will do it