E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)
Smile

Okay I was debating back and forth should I go with Predator Ice V2 or Angel Bright V3, well noticing the Predator Ice just went on sale at Umnitza's website for half the price of the Angel Brights, I decided to pull the trigger on the ICE. I figure if I can get white rings and be brighter then OEM, then that's all i really wanted anyway. Well I got them today and put them in and let me tell you I AM NOT impressed at all.

First of all does anyone have these, is there any way to tell if I go V2? I mean the packaging nor the item itself does not identify its version 2, so how do I know I didnt get version 1???? And if i did get version 2, I really hate to say it, but my OEM (although yellow) seem to be brighter in the rings then these Predator Ice bulbs.

Does anyone else have these bulbs are you satisfied with the product? I kept reading that these should be brighter then OEM and honestly I am not feeling it. Needless to say I am a little upset, but not half as upset if I would have paid double the price for the Angel Brights and had almost the same result.

Am I missing something here, I was expecting to see some bright ass rings, but NADA. So unless someone enlightens me I dont see what all the hoopla is on these when I could have bought a pair off ebay for less then $100.

anyone care to rattle off on this subject?????

thanks
Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Sorry to hear about that Tyson. I almost pulled the trigger on the Predator V2. Someone here was clearing them out. I ended up purchasing the AIB v3 (amber). I'm sure you can unload it on eBay if you decide to get rid of them.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='606252' date='Jun 19 2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that Tyson. I almost pulled the trigger on the Predator V2. Someone here was clearing them out. I ended up purchasing the AIB v3 (amber). I'm sure you can unload it on eBay if you decide to get rid of them.

Yeah I saw you got on that group buy and I was pretty sure you did amber, let me know when you get them if you like them, I may just have to get on the winning team!!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Was it daylight or night when you checked out the brightness? I had AIB V3.0 on my old ride and during the day you could barely even tell they were on....but at NIGHT! WOWOWEE!

Day
Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed-dscn5997.jpg

Garage
Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed-dscn6010.jpg
Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed-dscn5973.jpg

Night
Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed-dscn6075.jpg
Old 06-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Well I bought some angel eye rings for my last car from umnitza which was a 02 maxima. The rings were very bright and I was satisfied. I don't know if they were from the same series though. How exactly do you install the rings? I've never taken a look at the process involved with it.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='606249' date='Jun 19 2008, 07:44 PM
Okay I was debating back and forth should I go with Predator Ice V2 or Angel Bright V3, well noticing the Predator Ice just went on sale at Umnitza's website for half the price of the Angel Brights, I decided to pull the trigger on the ICE. I figure if I can get white rings and be brighter then OEM, then that's all i really wanted anyway. Well I got them today and put them in and let me tell you I AM NOT impressed at all.

First of all does anyone have these, is there any way to tell if I go V2? I mean the packaging nor the item itself does not identify its version 2, so how do I know I didnt get version 1???? And if i did get version 2, I really hate to say it, but my OEM (although yellow) seem to be brighter in the rings then these Predator Ice bulbs.

Does anyone else have these bulbs are you satisfied with the product? I kept reading that these should be brighter then OEM and honestly I am not feeling it. Needless to say I am a little upset, but not half as upset if I would have paid double the price for the Angel Brights and had almost the same result.

Am I missing something here, I was expecting to see some bright ass rings, but NADA. So unless someone enlightens me I dont see what all the hoopla is on these when I could have bought a pair off ebay for less then $100.

anyone care to rattle off on this subject?????

thanks

I felt the same way after I installed my set. I wasn't impressed at all, even at night.

It wasn't worth the money and bloody knuckles.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats
Red face

Dude..

I had a very bad experience with the Predators and decided not to go that route... They just weren't bright enough and I really thought all the pix on their websites mustve been doctored, used different shutter speeds, whatever...that ain't reality.

I went with the AIBs on my E60 and I can tell you I am impressed. They look as bright as stock during the day but at night [they're white], its like ghost rider all over again. Im very happy with the AIBs but I feel for ya cos Ive been there before with the Predator Ice.

My advice -- loose the Predators on eBay, take the hit and get the AIBs. You will not be disappointed...there's a discount for forum members btw....

Good luck either ways...

S
Old 06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

Okay so I went out and snapped a few pics......you guys be the judge.....and Dr. Lev you are right you really can see squat with these during the day. I know that during the day they are not going to be that bright, but at dusk when you can drive with just your halo's now thats when they should stand out not at night when you have drive with you lights on...

Bright or not bright???? Am I just expecting too much from these things?
Attached Thumbnails Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed-img_3656.jpg   Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed-img_3659.jpg  
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Not sure if it's the pics or what, but it looks mighty bright in the dark at night.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Definitely looks bright there, but the xenons look bright in the day and so do my stock halos, ashame the predators don't look bright during the day as well. The goal for me with this mod would be to get the halos/ae's to look like the xenons do during the day...

Quick Reply: Predator Ice V2 Not Impressed