E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Predator ICE interfering with BlueTooth??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R1Racer (Joe) installed my Predator ICE units the other day, and they look great. (There's a slight issue with the passenger-side Predator that Joe'll try to fix tomorrow. It intermittently goes off and on, and gently whacking the headlight lens triggers it on and off...likely a loose connection. No biggy.)

My question is, in the 48 hours since having the Predator installed, my BlueTooth connections often drop. I did a test tonight, speaking both on and off BlueTooth, and the issue was not Verizon cell service...it was the E60's factory BlueTooth...which has been almost flawless since I had it activated. Do LED add-ons like the Predator affect the car's electronics? If so, I'm going back to the factory Angel Eyes. (I rely heavily on BlueTooth for business calls in the car.)

I guess maybe I'm a bit concerned by competitor Angel i Brights' FAQ page:
"Q: How does this system compare to other products?
A: Angel iBright is currently the only upgrade like it in the US. Any other competitor uses cheap plastic, and a simple resistor to regulate electricity, we use only aircraft grade CNC aluminum and state-of-the-art ballasts. The competitor's resistor will cause the Angel Eyes brightness to fluctuate depending on if the A/C or radio is on, etc. It will also decrease the life of the light bulb, and can even cause serious damage to your vehicle's wiring system (i.e. fires)."

I'm very thankful to Sonic MS for their donation of two Predator ICE units (one of which I won!) at the SLO E60 meet, but I also notice that Sonic MS' website does not offer the Predator ICE for sale. (Just wondering if there's something inherently wrong with the ICE...)
Old 03-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Bump. Please...anyone with information as to whether or not these LED angel eye 'enhancers' can interfere with car electronics such as BlueTooth?? (I only have a couple of hours before I have to make a decision to keep them installed or not.)
Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by GoRovers' post='544820' date='Mar 14 2008, 09:49 AM
Bump. Please...anyone with information as to whether or not these LED angel eye 'enhancers' can interfere with car electronics such as BlueTooth?? (I only have a couple of hours before I have to make a decision to keep them installed or not.)
I guess the only real way to find out is to test it out for yourself.

People said that the AngeliBright V1 could not conceivably affect radio reception. Then sure enough it did...
Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Contributors

FWIW, I have ICE installed and have no negative effects on my BT at all.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

We have sold several units to local E60 members with BT and have not had any issues. I don't think it's related, it sounds very odd.