E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

predator ice install

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545, non-sport,silver gray, premium, cold weather, I-pod adapter, Predator Ice, M tech, Logic 7, hardwired V1, Remus exhaust, soon to be: 18" Beyern multi wheels w/ Michelin Pilots

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='352293' date='Nov 4 2006, 10:21 AM
I didn't do it by myself either and had a local car tuner shop installed them for me. I think it was only $40.
Yeah, I know I got whacked. But 1 month ago, parts called and said they had a trunk spoiler that some other dude had ordered and then moved. Spoiler, paint and install were free!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Cool so you win some and you lose some.....everything balances out in the end..
Old 11-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='352422' date='Nov 4 2006, 05:31 PM
Cool so you win some and you lose some.....everything balances out in the end..

I live by that
Old 11-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Lab Rat
Used to working on things like my Harley myself. However, current health problems (cancer & chemo) keep me from doing this w/ the Predator. I am going to call the BMW dealer and offer to sign a damage waiver if they go ahead and install it. After all, the V1 hardwire was a splice into the stock electrical system as well.
Sorry to hear about your health.

Originally Posted by Lab Rat
Talked to service adviser at BMW dealership and they have agreed to do the install. I told them to call Umnitza if any install question. This is their first install but another one is waiting in the wings.
We were at SEMA, they should have left a message. It's about a 30 minute install so you should have been charged about $60-100 at MOST. We charge people $50 flat for the work.

Originally Posted by ro11dice
installed only one side due to time but i would be willing to work something out with you if you want to get my E60 into the shop for install instructions/documentation on your website.
Would like to see them also.

Originally Posted by nicke60gre
Just received and installed. Bright clear white
Car now at night look crisper, sharper, somehow fresh, newer

The picture (by mobile phone) is a lot over-exposed, but the color is identical!!

Attachment 25396
NICE!

Originally Posted by 2005530i
Question,

Was there any space (about 1/2 inch) between the end of the LED unit, and the beginning of the angel eye? I did my install last weeekend, all went smooth, they just don't seem that bright. I hope my question makes sense.
They are nice at night, but we have something new up our sleeve - something totally unexpected.

Originally Posted by nicke60gre
Yes, there is about 10 mm space between the led and the fibers and yes, it's not that bright, its about the same bright as stock or maybe a little brighter, but the huge difference is the pure white color. PIAA is like small hanging oil-lamp with blue/whitish hue, compaired to ICE

Nick
Indeed.

Originally Posted by 525iSE
Is it as bright as AngeliBright or brighter? Anyone done that comparison yet? I'm very curious on that.
It's brighter than iBright or equal, but it's not $350
Originally Posted by alpinewhite
You could ask Umnitza and he could send some pictures to you. Or just search for pictures posted on the forum between AngeliBright and Predator ice.
There are no pictures necessary

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I didn't do it by myself either and had a local car tuner shop installed them for me. I think it was only $40.
That's the right price.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: delivered 5 sep 06: 520d E61, silver gray, dakota truffle brown, comfort seats, aluminium, PDC, nav pro, pro spkrs, 124 rims, auto a/c, comfort access, anti d mirrors, side airbags, int rem ctrl, roll blinds, glazing, green band, light pack, storage comp

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='352667' date='Nov 5 2006, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your health.
We were at SEMA, they should have left a message. It's about a 30 minute install so you should have been charged about $60-100 at MOST. We charge people $50 flat for the work.
Would like to see them also.
NICE!
They are nice at night, but we have something new up our sleeve - something totally unexpected.
Indeed.
It's brighter than iBright or equal, but it's not $350
There are no pictures necessary
That's the right price.
Hi Umanitza,
I'd be glad to install mine as well but I haven't received them yet. Any problem still with shipping?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Contributors

umnitza,

how do you wire it to DRL? also with DRL, the entire head light is on right? xenons and angel eyes right? How do I make it so only the angel eyes turn on, then when it gets dark, the xenons come on automatically? is that even possible? thanks.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='353592' date='Nov 8 2006, 12:28 AM
umnitza,

how do you wire it to DRL? also with DRL, the entire head light is on right? xenons and angel eyes right? How do I make it so only the angel eyes turn on, then when it gets dark, the xenons come on automatically? is that even possible? thanks.
No issues with shipping.

DRL would be with our harness, still have to finish that but it will just turn on with your car automatically.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Who said I need to remove bumper than headlight to install this?! I removed nothing!! I just did it right on the spot. Took a good 20 minutes! Here's a quick pic. Might post better pics tomorrow.

Thanks umnitza and Tim!!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Who said I need to remove bumper than headlight to install this?! I removed nothing!! I just did it right on the spot. Took a good 20 minutes! Here's a quick pic. Might post better pics tomorrow.

Thanks umnitza and Tim!!

predator ice install-sp_a0045.jpg
Old 11-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

I have the ICE - love the difference it makes (the install is not that challenging to watch...thanks Matt/unitza!!)...

Quick Reply: predator ice install