E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre-09/05 M5 mirror wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Number 5, which is the main motor. You also have to cut M5 mirrors' existing wires in order to get your default mirror wiring through (unless you decide to disassemble wire heads).
Old 04-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tume' post='570160' date='Apr 28 2008, 10:07 PM
You also have to cut M5 mirrors' existing wires in order to get your default mirror wiring through (unless you decide to disassemble wire heads).
are the cables colour coded? is it like matching a red with a red, a green with a green etc?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='565896' date='Apr 22 2008, 06:26 PM
I'm looking for wiring diagrams for pre 09/05 M5 mirrors (mirror wiring has three heads). I looked from BMW WDS (Wiring Diagram System - http://www.qclt.com:8080/ or http://wds.west.lv/) and could find all kinds of mirrors under "Complete vehicle->body->mirror" (including pre 09/05 mirrors). However, I was unable to find a wiring diagram for my M5 mirrors (looking at wire colors and wire heads). What am I missing here? Thanks.

Hai tume,

The jackets and wirings are equal for the m5 mirror with all function and for a normal e60 with al functions, you musst think @ autofolding, auto dimming, memory, all those function are equal and the wiring must be also equal.

When you take a mirror wiring for an e60 with al function the wiring colours must be same :-)

I sellt a lot of //M5 M6 mirrors for all kind of bmw cars, e60,e61,e63,e64 it was plug and play. Those functions are depending from the car wich functions are available. The //M mirrors what i sell have all the functions what a m5 have's.
Conclusion the wiring must be same

I've got one question to you:

How much wiring heads have a LCI bmw?? Could you sent a picture so that i can look @ it.

Kind Regards,
530dA Touring
Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Members

rsyed: yes the cables are color coded, but again, you don't have to mix your current mirror / M5 mirror wiring as you will only swap the motors.

530dA: sorry but you pretty much got it all wrong. We are talking about two completely different mirrors here (different by wiring). And I have already installed the mirrors as you can see from the picture I posted.
LCI mirrors have only ONE head with four wires. Pre-09/05 M5 mirrors have three heads with plenty of wires. It's impossible to fit these kind of M5 mirrors to an LCI model since there are no door modules in current E60s. Thus, even if you rewire the heads the mirrors are unable the understand the signals that are sent by the computer or what ever. This issue is explained well in this post.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tume' post='571050' date='Apr 29 2008, 11:51 PM
rsyed: yes the cables are color coded, but again, you don't have to mix your current mirror / M5 mirror wiring as you will only swap the motors.
but isn't that what you did? did you also not just swap motors? if yes, why did you have to cut the wires? sorry for asking this often - once i have taken a mirror apart, i would be able to picture a bit better... (this will only happen hopefully this weekend)...
Old 04-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='571050' date='Apr 29 2008, 10:51 PM

530dA: sorry but you pretty much got it all wrong. We are talking about two completely different mirrors here (different by wiring). And I have already installed the mirrors as you can see from the picture I posted.
LCI mirrors have only ONE head with four wires. Pre-09/05 M5 mirrors have three heads with plenty of wires. It's impossible to fit these kind of M5 mirrors to an LCI model since there are no door modules in current E60s. Thus, even if you rewire the heads the mirrors are unable the understand the signals that are sent by the computer or what ever. This issue is explained well in this post.
Hello Tume,

I've got another question, wy don't you take a post 9-2005 m5 mirror that mirror have's 1 jacket with 3 wires??
Maybe a stupid question

Thanks,
530dA
Old 04-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Members

It's a good question of course, the answer is simple: I could get these very cheaply from one source (factory painted and brand new). I could have ordered M5 mirrors (primed, cheapest models) that fit LCI mirrors but it would've cost me more so I decided to go this way. Thanks for the help anyway 530dA.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Contributors

Hey Tume,

had one more question:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=571060

tnx rumman
Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Members

Sorry didn't notice it in the first place. But you have to cut M5 mirror cables from some point (unless you want to disassemble those plugs), this is because you can't pull wires out because the heads are too big. You can always solder the wires back together. I don't know exactly how the wiring is done in post-09/05 M5 mirrors though, maybe you don't have to do any cutting. You'll see this easily when you have taken mirrors apart.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Contributors

Hey Tume,

check out this pic - i have dismantled the m5 mirror i received the other day:

Pre-09/05 M5 mirror wiring diagrams-dsc_2032.jpg

3 wires coming in, 8 wires going out. 2 for the paddle lights, 2 for the autofold, 4 for the ec+heated mirros. Apart from that, this ecu seems to directly interface to the motor that moves the mirror itself.

Question 2 you - is this the part that i will replacing? Once i replaced this part, i cut the wires from this part and then solder them on to the new part (which was in my old mirror)? Since i dont have auto fold, and paddle lights, the only wires i would need to connect would be the 4 for the ec+heated mirrors functionality? Or?

tnx a lot...

rumman

Quick Reply: Pre-09/05 M5 mirror wiring diagrams